Americas Risk Management - Business Unit Risk and Controls Testing, Associate/AVP
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting to the Group Risk Manager for Americas Risk Management (ARM), the Business UnitRisk and Controls Testing Associate will be a key team member responsible for documenting process flows, performing loss data analysis, and tracking open issues within Americas Risk Management. The successful candidate will be able to work independently, as well as with others at various levels within the organization to properly ensure risk assessments are completed on time and meet the Bank's quality standards.
- Document critical business processes, risks, and controls
- Assist in identify key process related risks and determine if the controls in place are adequate to effectively handle those risks
- Support the execution of the Risk Controls Self-Assessment framework and related processes
- Understanding of key risk concepts across all risk types and concisely articulate risk drivers for specific processes
- Support processes related to Open Issue Validation and Control testing
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from a leading university
- 3+ years of risk management or related experience. Experience working at a financial institution on risk management frameworks and processes is a plus.
- Audit or SOX experience a plus
- Highly motivated professional who understands key risk concepts
- Ability to produce high quality process documentation with quick turnaround times
- Ability to perform excel based data analysis
- Excel at process mapping in Visio
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities and adaptability to changing environments
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently to drive results, while contributing to a team
- Ability to build relationships with people at all levels; lead through influence to deliver results
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top