Product Manager III, Vice President
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients' best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We're part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world's most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Our Product Manager is responsible for the product development and revenue management for small business and/or consumer retail products. You will also support retail bank growth strategy to acquire households and deepen relationships to build balances and optimize product profitability.
- Use existing capabilities and identify product gaps based on competitive assessment and opportunities.
- You will ensure the strategy related to the product is aligned with the Retail Bank's strategies.
- Liaison with business banking administration, commercial product managers, retail banking product managers, marketing, deposit operations, and servicing.
- Lead all aspects of the existing product line and the development and launch of new products, features, and functionality.
- Oversee the revenue stream for assigned products used by retail customers.
- Lead and improve product profitability and performance through product design and pricing discipline.
- Measure and track the financial performance volumes against established goals.
- Manage market research, analysis of industry and market intelligence, and ongoing assessment of internal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop pricing recommendations.
- Ensure product enhancements align with the bank's Product Development Policy (PDP).
- Determine training gaps and lead efforts with training to address needs.
- Lead the IT systems development of new and enhancement of existing products.
- You will have a key role in managing the project from conception to implementation.
- Partner with the marketing team to develop marketing plans for retail products to drive acquisition or retain existing households.
- Project coordination activities with other product managers through the Bank for Product or Service adaptation for retail channel, new product or process changes for retail, training/communications, and billing methods/processes/pricing schemes.
Do you have the following qualifications?
- 5+ years as a product manager in a financial services organization.
- Direct work experience developing and driving product initiatives from start to finish, from recommendation to post-rollout measurement.
- Strong analytic, strategic, and critical thinking.
- Customer empathy is required.
- Demonstrated collaboration along with interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Deep knowledge of product and project management practices.
- Confirmed ability to interact and influence executive management.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong presentation abilities.
- Requires computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint).
- BA is strongly preferred. MBA is a plus.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top