Operational Risk Analyst, Associate
- Tempe, AZ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
As part of the BURCO (Business Unit Risk &Controls Office) team within FMA (Financial Management of the Americas), the Senior Operational Risk Analyst will assist the Division Risk Manager (DRM) by assessing effectiveness of operational risks specific to FMA processes. This includes performing Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs), including risk and control identification and developing test scripts; documenting operational loss events and management self-identified issues; working with data to develop key risk metrics to monitor where key risks are changing; providing oversight on quarterly certifications; supporting standard and ad-hoc reporting requirements for senior leaders and supporting response to internal audit and regulatory examinations.
- Support DRMs for FMA in operational risk management activities including: Assessing risks and the design/ effectiveness of operational controls specific to FMA business functions including corporate accounting, reporting (SEC/ Regulatory), purchasing and payables, corporate tax, corporate treasury including funding, and capital adequacy and stress testing/ CCAR (Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review).
- Perform RCSA reviews including risks, risk metrics, control record updates (including control development) and control test reviews.
- Support risk and control assessments through collaboration with process owners and other stakeholders.
- Review and provide feedback on control test scripts, documentation and results.
- Create and update process flow documentation for FMA processes.
- Assist in quarterly assessments of operational risk related to other processes e.g., internal operational risk reports, risk appetite statements and control certifications.
- Review operational losses to ensure that sufficient mitigating controls are identified and documented; and remediation actions are appropriate, effective and timely. Recommend corrective actions to DRMs.
- Defend risk assessments with stakeholders and assist in coordinating requests and responses during Internal Audits and bank regulatory exams.
- Contribute to quarterly operational risk reporting in conjunction with the FMA BURCO's Integrated Operational Risk Report for the finance division.
- Support annual Risk Appetite Statement process, including partnering with business to identify metrics.
- Oversee RCSA control testing on behalf of key stakeholders in compliance with risk management policies.
- Establish strong working relationships across the FMA BURCO team and other respective risk teams in Operations, IT and Risk Management.
- Documentation of workflow for Basel II purposes
Education, Licensure, Experience:
- Typically requires a minimum of a BA degree, 3+ years of experience in operational risk or internal/external audit.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial operations and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of associated financial processes and controls.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written, ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio skills.
- Self-motivated, decisive, able to prioritize multiple deliverables and work under tight deadlines; proactive; willing to drive deliverables to completion and possessing a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger, Hyperion Planning and OpenPages GRC platform and/or Archer is a plus.
- Familiarity with banking regulatory requirements for treasury functions including Basel III, BSA AML, LCR, Volcker compliance and GAAP requirements is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top