Mortgage Consultant V, Assistant Vice President - Woodland Hills
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
As a Mortgage Consultant at Union Bank you are responsible for originating residential real estate loans and growing market share. Are you well networked, having nurtured relationships with realtors, builders and developers? These will be your primary sources to generate Purchase loan production. Mortgage Consultants engage and participate in related business development activities that build business and earning potential. Focusing on our client's needs, finding solutions and recommending the best loan products is our dedication every single day. As a result of building solid partnerships with bank personnel, you drive productive loan origination activities and positively impact loan production in market. Does this describe you?
- You will provide stellar service to clients and prospects seeking residential mortgage loans.
- Apply your lending knowledge and expertise to understand client's individual needs by carefully analyzing pertinent financial, earnings and credit data to advise on an optimal loan scenario and risk level.
- Follow up on current loans in the pipeline and provide due diligence to ensure conformity with terms as well as negotiating terms and conditions of loans with mortgage clients.
- You will call on potential or existing customers where assigned to develop new business or retain existing business.
- It's ever-changing, so staying ahead of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations that pertain to mortgages is a focus every single day.
- As a brand ambassador for Union Bank, you'll develop and implement a marketing territory to educate the community regarding the Bank's CRA programs and efforts.
- Do you have 3 or more years' experience originating residential first mortgages?
- Are you knowledgeable and skilled working with multiple loan types?
- A demonstrated successful sales track record with established and nurtured relationships in market is a key factor.
- You should have effective consultative and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills needed to be successful.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspective, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top