MDM Functional Lead
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
MDM Functional Lead, VP
Help deliver solutions to meet the data, reporting, and analytics needs of Enterprise. Help lead projects to drive data management and operational/analytical solutions for our business partners across LOBs and demonstrate an innovative, creative mindset.
- Lead functional tracks of MDM projects, including gathering requirements, performing analysis, solution design, and ensuring successful delivery of solution.
- Assist in managing project and create SDLC artifacts as needed in order to meet deliverable commitments.
- Ensure quality of deliverable by being the main point of contact though various functional phases of project
- As point of contact for multiple business departments across the organization, the BA will play an important role to support multiple business requirements, address regular requests and solve issues with Business Partners
- Analyze data to solve or provide data insights and business visibility
- Ensure that existing governance and process documents are up to date based on changes in requirements or business needs
- Develop foundational domain specific operational processes and reporting structures related to Master Data Management
- Identify and execute on ways to service the business better
- Play a role on enterprise-wide initiatives involving Master Data across the organization
- Verify all Master Data Management processes around data governance are followed
- Play an integral role in raising requests that doesn't align with the governance set by MDM
- Promote adoption of data governance processes by establishing clear understanding (e.g. conducting periodic refresher workshops), and improving the MDO governance processes based on ever changing needs of the business and other partners
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Union Bank specific data management and processes
- Build deep content knowledge around how the business end-users use this foundational data to run the business
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Finance or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- 12 years of experience as a Business Analyst, (preferably in Retail or in an IT field), with strong process, data, and systems understanding
- Prior Data Governance and Administration experience or exposure preferred
- Thorough knowledge of business process documentation that includes prior experience with documenting IT or Finance workflows, processes and requirements
- Ability to work with both business (non-technical) and IT (technical) with ability to communicate/translate requirements easily and effectively between all parties
- Very solid understanding of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Ability to understand and apply instructions or suggest alternate proven methods to move projects or requests forward
- Strong analytical skills and advanced Excel proficiency
- Able to create simple to complex analytical solutions
- Ability to take an abstract analytical problem and break it down into actionable tasks
- Ability to follow established practices, policies and procedures
- Good communication skills
- Ability to build working relationships and bring about cooperation from leadership and working teams
- Ability to adjust with changing work environments, priorities and goals
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top