Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we're 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world's most trusted financial group, it's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Reporting into the Global Head of Investigations Governance, this position has been created for the purpose of driving consistent and cohesive AML Investigations capabilities for Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Ltd in the following regions: Americas; Asia; EMEA; and Japan.
This role will liaise with members of the Global Financial Crimes Division teams particularly Global Complex investigations, Training, AML Policy; Branch Financial Crime Units (FIUs); Regional Centers of Excellence management; and other Regional and local stakeholders.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating oversight of Investigations Governance various initiatives in helping drive alignment to the Global AML Investigation & Reporting Standard and Procedure, as well as local regulatory requirements. The primary objective is to ensure a consistent and cohesive approach is established to money laundering/terrorist finance investigations and analysis of possibly suspicious activity.
This position will provide oversight and governance over work performed in the evaluation of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) alerts and cases and the accuracy and sufficiency of analysis, documentation and narratives. Oversee investigations teams covering all products, branches and entities where the bank operates. The incumbent is responsible for supporting the provision of governance, leadership and oversight to the local FCIU/COEs, and is responsible for the implementation and execution of processes to ensure a consistent investigations effort and alignment to the global processes.
In connection with the Global Financial Crimes program
o Support the refinement of investigations procedures to be leveraged and applied Globally
Support the governance over the implementation and execution of processes related to:
o Assessment and disposition of transaction monitoring alerts
o Submission of suspicious activity/transaction reports (SAR/STRs) as required by applicable regulations
o Post-Investigation feedback to appropriate Bank stakeholders
o Responses provided based on Requests For Information, Subpoena, or other law enforcement requests and investigations
Support the development, maintenance and reviews of the FCIU/COEs policies, programs and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable legal, regulatory, and internal requirements. Assess the training needs of Branch and COE FIUs based upon quality assurance metrics and ad-hoc reviews of work product.
Support the governance of all FCIU/COE investigations and operations work to ensure that it is completed in a timely and efficient manner, while maintaining the highest standards for regulatory and compliance requirements
Ensures that FCIU/COE reports are clear, thorough, and logically organized summarizing all pertinent intelligence analysis.
Responsible for overseeing governance of the escalation process and reporting suspicious activity pursuant to regulatory obligations
Work collaboratively across functional teams within the FCIU/COE and GFCD to ensure effective and efficient operations with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
Represent the interest of local and regional stakeholders at a global level with the roll out of a case management and transaction monitoring global solutions; Coordinate single region complex or high-risk investigations; provide SME on globally mandated metrics and training.
- Bachelor 's Degree required
- 3+ years of dedicated AML experience with particular focus on transaction monitoring and investigations
- Strong project management, analytical, problem resolution and consensus building skills
- Strong customer service orientation and a professional approach
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Proven excellence in communication skills, both written and verbal and work closely with internal partners on communication strategies
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strategic thinker; able to think conceptually
- Have a high degree of attention to detail
- Proven ability to develop productive business relationships with internal and external partners
- Organized with proven ability to execute with excellence in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal supervision to identify issues and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Japanese is highly desirable.
- Thorough understanding of an effective financial crimes risk management framework
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, including Bank staff, management, directors and prudential regulators
- Solid judgment, strong negotiating skills, and a practical approach to implementation including knowledge of Bank systems
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?