Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we're 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world's most trusted financial group, it's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
- Data analytics experience
- PMO experience
- Business Analyst
- Liaise with technology partners
- A lot of communication/documentation
- Ideally worked in risk management environment
- Big 4 consulting background a plus
- Project management skills
- Client centric mentality
Reporting to a manager within Risk Governance Validation (RGV), the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Specialist will advance the Bank 's Risk Management culture, structure, processes and tools in support of the bank 's risk governance philosophy and framework as outlined in the MUFG Americas Risk Governance Policy.
This position is part of a team of risk professionals responsible for supporting the Bank 's Enterprise Risk Management framework, including validation of its effectiveness. Additionally, the person in this role will gather, analyze, aggregate and report on risk data and information to senior management. The work of the ERM Specialist may span all risk types throughout the Enterprise.
ERM Analysis: With some direction from management, the person in this position will:
- Lead key aspects of the ERM validation program including facilitation and testing of self-assessments of Risk Governance effectiveness by key process owners across the Bank
- Develop, implement and maintain ongoing risk analyses to RGV and other Bank senior management
- Identify gaps/issues within the RGV scope and develop, implement and maintain remediation activities to close the gaps
- Develop solutions to improve efficiencies and resolve analytical and/or execution problems
- Lead workshops, meetings and other forums for coordination and information-gathering with appropriate parties across the Bank
Reporting: With some direction from management, the person in this position will:
- Liaise with Risk Owners across the Bank to collect information to support ERM functions, such as risk measures for various risk categories
- Gather, analyze, aggregate and report on key enterprise risk information to RGV and other Bank senior management
Projects: With some direction from management, the person in this position will:
- Lead and participate in ERM-related projects and assist the RGV group in project execution
- Define project plan(s) to meet the project goals and objectives as established by Executive Management
- Work to assure project deliverables and goals are met or exceeded
Documentation: With some direction from management, the person in this position will:
- Generate and maintain key ERM documentation including documentation to support compliance with requirements of Risk Governance Policy and relevant regulations, and other documentation as needed.
- Manage records, data and documentation for regulatory communication.
- Ability to understand risk data and liaise with colleagues in and outside of Americas Risk Management including First, Second, and Third LOD teams
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and writing skills and demonstrated ability to describe technical topics to a non-technical audience
- Ability to set and develop strategic and tactical goals and techniques for an assignment and effectively communicate this to all involved team members
- Ability to provide project management, problem resolution and comprehensive analysis and direction for multiple concurrent mission-critical projects
- Strong focus on accuracy and reliability
- Strong record of effective teamwork
- Solid understanding of MS Office Suite, MS Project, Visio, SQL/Access or other database software
Degree and Experience:
- Degree from a leading university, preferably in an analytical area
- At least 3 years of experience in similar work with demonstrated success in responsibilities of similar nature
- Education or experience to evidence analysis and maintenance of risk or financial data
- Prior bank experience a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.