Capacity Planning Engineer (Performance Monitoring, QA), AVP
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
We are seeking a Senior Capacity Planning Engineer with strong knowledge IT Infrastructure Engineering, Capacity and Performance for Compute, Storage, Network, as well as working experience with Capacity and Performance software tools. The Senior Capacity Engineer would lead multiple capacity and performance projects from inception through completion, while adhering to scope, schedule, quality and budget for capacity and performance efforts. This individual should possess good communication, presentation, and relationship building skills and be comfortable working with technology and business partners across the organization in a collaborative way.
The individual in this role will be part of the Service Delivery Organization within Technology Information and Operations and will work with multi-functional teams to deliver the infrastructure capacity, plan for capacity and performance management, and figure out requirements to optimize deployments to private and public cloud.
- Hands-on and working experience with Capacity and Performance monitoring software tools
- At least 5-7 years of exposure to IT system integration as a Capacity or IT Engineering Senior Lead/Manager with ITIL knowledge
- 5+ years of capacity management and/or technical program management experience
- Support multiple business services and solutions to identify service level and capacity requirements and have experience with private and public cloud.
- Anticipate and interpret business requirements to generate accurate demand trends and forecasts
- Drive alignment around capacity management standard methodologies, including service design and performance evaluations, data collection and analysis, and reporting standards
- Actively identify, resolve, and call out capacity planning challenges.
- Maintain Capacity and Performance monitoring software tools
- Experienced in capacity management and infrastructure engineering for distributed server environments, as well as network and distributed storage environments.
- Responsibilities will include server performance analysis, capacity reporting and analysis, capacity management tool administration for Teamquest, and capacity and performance management issue resolution.
- Able to provide consultation with business solutions group area and the Infrastructure & Operations Engineering and Operations teams to resolve capacity and performance issues.
- Provide right-sizing and optimization for applications migrating to Private Cloud and AWS and in support of Data Center Consolidation
- Support DevOps and partner with application developers to find the best way to scale infrastructure, characterize transactional throughput and response time, reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency and understand roadmaps.
- Support design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating and maintaining capacity and system utilization data..
- Ability to develop advanced queries and reports for management on critical metrics to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy
- Knowledge of common information security & risk management frameworks such as ISO 27001, ITIL, COBIT, and NIST is preferred
- Deep familiarity with capacity management for large, heterogeneous workloads
- Strong workload and performance analysis skills and experience optimizing compute sharing across batch and online workloads
- Strong Working Knowledge of a variety of technologies including but not limited to Compute, Amazon, Azure, VMware, VDI and architecture strategies to ensure high reliability
- Experience in application and server migration, network and data center consolidation as well as migration to AWS.
- Ability to perform application and infrastructure discovery and assessments
- Able to perform server and application dependency analysis
- Knowledge on SAN, Orchestration, Virtualization, and Automation
- Knowledge on Server platform technologies (AIX, VMware, Windows) and Containers (Docker, OpenShift)
- Knowledge on Storage platform technologies (EMC/NetApp, etc.)
- Experience with Python, Java, or C++ in a Linux/UNIX AWS environment
- 3+ years of SQL, Excel, and Reporting/Dashboards tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc) or equivalent data analysis experience
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, people skills, and should be highly motivated.
- Self-starter, great teammate with excellent organizational and time management skills who can work with minimal direct supervision.
- Big picture - can step back and understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues
- Is able to apply technical expertise across business or disciplines
- 12 years of related experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Business or its equivalent or
- 8 years of related experience and a Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Business or its equivalent
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top