AML Investigator II
- Tempe, AZ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed, and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
Position reports to a Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Team Leader in AML Operations. Responsible for performing independent reviews and analysis of possible suspicious activity to ensure compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA Patriot Act. Provides research and evaluation of anti-money laundering (AML) alerts and cases and accurately and sufficiently documents analysis and findings in the MUFG Union Bank case management system. Additionally, may complete defined tasks to support the creation of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) and other relevant documentation related to non-SAR filing decisions. Direct responsibility for quality and integrity of research and analysis completed and documented in SAR forms or within various database. Recommends course of action for most events, with minimal assistance from manager or higher-level investigator. Serves as a resource for co-workers.
Review's clients of low and moderate complexity, requiring a level of experience needed to effectively assess transactions and customer relationships. Reviews may include increasingly complex investigations. This position is typically expected to work a large number of reviews, with little oversight and only minor corrections from supervisory reviews.
- Performs AML alert and case review including research to determine whether suspicious activity exists.
- Works within established FIU performance timeframes and in accordance with quality standards set forth within the FIU procedures.
- Researches and evaluates AML risks for alerts and cases involving transactions sourced to the automated AML detection and alerting system.
- Ensures alert and case determinations are appropriate, fully supported, and clearly documented.
- Maintains effective working relationships with key business partners to obtain and validate client information.
- Maintains the ability to provide good customer service.
- Requires close working relationships with Financial Crime Risk Management business partners.
- Department support, as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, and CAMS certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years direct work experience in AML risk analysis or equivalent with related experience in other areas of banking and preferably in the financial services industry.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to multi-task, adapt well to changing priorities, and effectively prioritize workflow to meet critical deadlines. Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment; must work well under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of AML/BSA laws and regulations relative to money laundering and terrorist financing and the ability to apply this knowledge in assessing transaction activity; knowledge of monitoring of high-risk customer accounts is preferred.
- The ability and willingness to work independently is required.
- Must attend and complete Bank-sponsored job-related training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top