Accounting Analyst for Credit Cards - Analyst
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The Credit Cards Accounting Analyst will join a growing team in the Phoenix area and will report to the Consumer Banking Business Unit Controller, within the Controllers & Tax Services (CTS) group. CTS reports to the CFO.
Tailored to rising professionals, MUFG focuses on dynamic teams and a continuously improving environment. Many opportunities are available to develop practical skills, access training to remain apprised of current industry standards / knowledge / trends, and connect with colleagues in other departments. You will be focused primarily on accounting and reporting processes, but will also be responsible for communicating across the controllership team as an advisor for credit card products (including new product features and services implementation).
You will be expected to develop into a subject matter expert on accounting for credit cards by participating in training sessions, departmental meetings, and by demonstrating initiative to improve processes. You will develop partnerships with systems and settlement vendor teams, and build relationships with mentors and other colleagues within CTS. Internal business line partners regard Analysts as vital resources for decision-making and conveying process-level knowledge of assigned accounting processes. In time, analysts will enjoy opportunities to explore other roles and build a broad knowledge of many different products and businesses.
Month-End / Quarter-End Close and Financial Reporting
- Conduct research, provide explanations, and prepare roll-forward analyses for the credit card portfolio activity
- Coordinate information requests
- Generate insightful information for internal and external partners (which include auditors and regulators)
- Perform control reviews
- Advise business units and controllers staff on accounting and reporting matters
- Partner with settlement and system vendor teams in order to maintain and enhance the credit card's general ledger functionality
- Lead the controller's involvement in credit card projects (e.g., systems upgrades, new reporting requirements, etc.) to ensure accurate accounting and reporting
- Develop process enhancement recommendations, and updates to policies and procedures
- Build and maintain strong partnerships across the credit card business
In order to qualify for this role, we expect that you will be able to demonstrate the following required knowledge, skills and abilities during the application process.
- Education: Accounting degree (BA, BS, and/or Masters) required
- Experience: 0 to 4 years
- Bring a positive, collaborative attitude, in order to:
- Build cross-functional partnerships
- Communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with various levels of management
- Contribute constructively to the development of the group's culture
- Enthusiastically inquire about practical ways to improve processes, which include the accounting and control framework
- Create solutions when requirements are ambiguous or change
- Work independently, with strong attention to detail, in order to:
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual deliverables
- Demonstrate an ownership mentality by being responsible and accountable for the quality and timeliness of assigned deliverables
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office products including Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
You can distinguish yourself by highlighting the following preferred knowledge, skills and abilities during the application process.
- CPA or MBA
- Prior financial services experience
- Prior accounting-related and regulatory accounting/reporting experience, which could include:
- General ledger experience
- Month-end / quarter-end close
- Journal entry preparation
- Financial and regulatory reporting
- Internal control frameworks
- Prior analytics experience
- Prior experience working with reporting tools and relational databases
- Advanced Excel skills, Excel VBA
- SQL query writing
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top