Your Team responsibilities -
MSCI is offering an excellent opportunity for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join the Performance IT team.
The successful candidate will join a team of software engineers and will report to the Site Reliability Team Lead. The team's remit is to support our business-critical software and to identify and implement software engineering stability improvements.
We are looking for someone with a cloud engineering background who is an excellent communicator and organizer, proactive and a good problem solver. This person must be comfortable with working on their own, working with business stakeholders and marshalling other teams to support complex software in a very fast-paced environment. We use cutting edge software development techniques and technologies, following the best practices of the industry.
Our applications and production processes run 24 / 7, so the successful candidate must be willing to be available and work out of hours and weekends when necessary.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect ...
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycle to work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain java application phases, code, and software.
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging, as well as recommending changes to improve the established processes.
- Transform requirements into stipulations and identify production and non-production application issues
- Develop and implement cloud-applications, migrate existing on-premise applications to the cloud, and debug cloud stacks.
- Collaborate with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Ensure efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Own and manage support incidents end-to-end, working with users and technical stakeholders to communicate and resolve incidents
- Conduct root cause analysis on incidents, identifying and implementing actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Patience and perseverance to overcome challenges, solve problems, and learn new computer languages and techniques.
- Familiarity with a variety of designs, languages, and methodologies (e.g. SQL, Java Middleware, Microservices, Agile and Scrum)
- Ability to gather accurate requirements and work closely with stakeholders to prioritize tasks and the scope of development.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify errors and make adjustments in a testing environment.
- Work with infrastructure teams to manage and support server maintenance, downtime and testing
- Execute and co-ordinate production deployments
- Participate in a 24/7 on call rota with the rest of the team when applicable
- 8+ years of total software engineering experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong troubleshooting skills / optimization skills
- Experience in DevOps tools like Docker, Kubernetes (preferable).
- Cloud experience, preferably in Azure with CICD experience.
- Azure certification (preferable)
- Proven ability to operate under own initiative
- Proven ability to lead initiatives end-to-end, coordinating others in order to deliver
- Technical expertise in several of the following technologies
- Linux / UNIX systems environment
- Database development including Oracle PL/SQL and SQL Developer, stored procedures, views and triggers, Java DB coding
- Multitier java web applications
- Java Open Source technologies i.e. Spring Framework, JDBC
- Experience with Apache / Tomcat server environment
- Monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Oracle Enterprise Management Tool, NetApp Console
- Good support, implementation and delivery skills
- Read log files to identify problems / issues
- Check memory foot prints
- Can identify long running processes on Oracle Db, run sql commands to extract meaningful information
- At ease with SVN
- Strong academic background with graduation in a relevant technical field
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, Black Leadership Network and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.