Senior Software Architect
- New York, NY
We are hiring a senior Software Architect to join our fast-growing Index technology team. The position based in New York, involving close collaborations with our global teams in Europe (Hungary, Switzerland), India, UK and USA.
You will be instrumental in influencing our technological future and playing an increasingly growing leadership role.
Being client facing, the candidate selected will combine strong technology skills, communication and presentation capabilities.
You will be in charge of architecting our systems for the cloud, in such a way that they can scale horizontally, be geographically distributed, highly available and handle unexpected system and data conditions gracefully, by applying state of the art technologies and practices while meeting cost objectives.
The index systems are amongst the most mission critical systems of MSCI and require a strong technology expertise and a deep sense of what it takes to build enterprise systems, state of the art software engineering but also innovation using some leading-edge technologies. The objective of the platform under your leadership is to deliver our indexes with aggressive service level agreements and more stringent time to market.
Working closely with the engineering head of the index product line, the technology leadership team and the index product organization, you will lead the implementation of the target architecture needed to achieve the next levels of growth of the product line. You will cover all aspects of the engineering, from using technology to improve operational processes to using technology to bring client facing user experiences to market.
Your cloud experience will be instrumental to re-platform the current software platform architecture and embrace the flexibility brought by cloud providers as we want to scale globally.
You will join a talented team combining a strong functional and technical expertise within a results-oriented engineering culture, a can-do attitude, and opportunities for career development.
Desired experience and qualifications
- MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering
- Strong English communication and presentation skills
- Significant experience in hands-on software development positions along with demonstrated experience as a technical lead
- Broadly knowledgeable about emerging and mainstream technologies and practices
- Confident with distributed architectures, fault tolerance, performance, scalability, concurrency, high volume systems integration
- Relational and NoSql databases modelling
- Understanding of cloud offerings, cloud technologies, and experience with Azure and/or AWS
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledgeable about IT infrastructure and notably networking
- Knowledgeable about DevOps and SecDevOps practices
- Ability to assess applications security and code quality
- Experience in the financial industry
Back to top