Senior Java Developer
- Pune, India
Your Team responsibilities -
Data services team is responsible for integration of MSCI data and analytics with MSCI Beon. We work on services that are used by financial customers (Investment banks, Pension funds, Hedge funds etc.) to make meaningful decisions on behalf of millions of people. We are responsible for key components of the service, and drive development, testing and support. This is a new and evolving product, and so we move fast. We continuously learn and grow with challenges of a designing and developing large-scale fault tolerant systems.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect ...
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
- Ensuring the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Implement solution in Scala, Java & other technologies
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Architect and build highly scalable, fault tolerant system
- Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices).
- Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures.
- Advise on implementing cloud best practices.
- Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application development expertise.
- Have solid analytical, design and problem diagnosis skills
- Experience with development and design of high-performance distributed systems.
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended.
- Have build applications using JVM based stacks such as Scala, Java, Akka, Spring etc.
- Strong understanding of Computer fundamentals, Functional programming and Object Oriented Design and Data Structures.
- Experience working with large datasets
- Experience building and developing Cloud-based applications or services, preferably in Azure
- Have experience in developing consumer facing products/applications
- Ability to work within deadlines and effectively prioritize and execute on tasks.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to communicate across teams, internal and external at all levels.
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, Black Leadership Network and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies : MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top