Senior Frontend Developer
- Seattle, WA
Your Team responsibilities
You will be involved in driving the development of a software ecosystem within the rapidly expanding MSCI ESG platform working on delivering our next generation ESG user experience. You will be part of an agile, dynamic team and will be working with various stakeholders - including ESG Research, Product Management and external technology groups - to develop an in-depth understanding of our ESG platform and its ecosystem. You will propose and then develop new ideas and enhancements into the platform based on user requirements and opportunities for innovation.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- Regarding Covid19, a specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
You will have a key role working on a variety of tasks related to the development of our next generation ESG user experience, including the development of highly responsive application components for data visualization and data-intensive interactive reporting, and client-side integration of MSCI back-end applications and services. You will be responsible for owning new features and services while also being involved in production deployments, coordinating with users, and conducting user-acceptance tests for seamless delivery.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Proven experience driving the development of cloud-hosted scalable modern applications in an agile team setting
- Proven experience in building high performance component-based composite web applications in a robust framework such as React, Angular, or Vue
- Experience integrating with a REST-based service backend
- Hands-on skills with data structures, algorithms and web-oriented design principles
- You like clean code and automated testing and deployment
- You're familiar with distributed systems (prior exposure to the financial domain is beneficial)
- You have a DevOps mindset and are ready to support a mission critical MSCI business
- You're able to set your own agenda, and can play well in a team setting mentoring team members and driving a collaborative culture
- 5 Years+ experience as a Software Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field.
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top