Senior Fixed Income Developer (Python, Cloud)
- Budapest, Hungary
Your Team responsibilities
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Software Developer to join our Market Data team and contribute to this next generation solution. As a member of the Development team you will build high performance and scalable services primarily using various programming language and technologies. These services will provide an efficient and comprehensive gateway into our Indices group. You will work within a local and global team of highly skilled Software Engineers, Test Engineers, and Product Managers. Additionally, you will have significant interaction with the Developers and Testers working on our teams all over the world.
Candidates for this position should be passionate about building high quality software and contributing to architecture design discussions. You will have strong analytical skills and a desire to go deep with knowledge and understanding of topics on technologies and financial area, and motivated to work in a high-performance team. Our new team member should also play a key role in migration project of current system to Microsoft Azure Cloud platform so experiences with any cloud provider is a big advantage. Due to the current pandemic and our priority on the safety and health of our employee, MSCI is currently implementing Work-From-Home program which provides flexibility and work balance on family support. MSCI will provide the necessary equipment and technology for our employee.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
- Build the future Fixed Income Data platform in Cloud
- Collaborate with Product Management, Program Management and other internal stakeholders to convert business requirements into applications, tools, and deliver these as part of a product release roadmap
- Improve and create a modern and sophisticated platform using latest technologies and following industry best practices
- Evaluate different Architectural & Design approaches, solutions, frameworks & technologies and recommend the most suitable one
- Develop best practices for architecture, design, coding & automated test coverage
- Architect, Design and develop secure, high performance, scalable & maintainable applications using appropriate architectural patterns and modernized technologies
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture team to develop & use common Architectural principles
- Develop, document and deploy reliable and scalable systems to automate the operation and management of our market data system and terms & condition database
- Ensure optimal availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of real-time application development by advocating engineering reliability into the development life cycle with a focus on fault tolerant approaches
- Develop and maintain automated Testing module for continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI-CD)
- Working in DevOps model to support automated Monitor and production processes
- Degree qualification in Computer Science or related field
- 2~3+ year experience with Azure/AWS cloud working experience, including resource management, infrastructure set up, DevOps, storage lake, etc.
- 1+ year experience with container management, such as Docker, Container, MS Container.
- 2+ year experience with ETL tools, such as, Informatica, Talend, SAS, SSIS, Data Integrator
- Working knowledge of cloud connectivity for offices worldwide.
- 5+ year experience with one or more of the following languages: Java/Python/C++, PL/SQL, SQL, XML, Rest API, Power shell
- Expert level experience with relational databases, Oracle/Sybase, with practices on data models design, PL/SQL development, and performance tuning.
- 2+ year experience with one or more of the following repository management, CVS/SVN/GIT, and JIRA integration
- Working experience of Linux environment, including DevOps, networking, storage management, system build, and library management.
- Working experience with agile methodology
- Advance knowledge of Office 365, Azure-AD and related Microsoft services.
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top