Salesforce Business Analyst
- Monterrey, Mexico
Salesforce Technical Solution Specialist - Business Analyst
The Salesforce team at MSCI plays a critical role enabling internal teams to access, manage and transfer information effectively across departments, product and business lines. The key system is a global implementation (and substantial augmentation) of Salesforce.com. Salesforce.com is used by Sales, Client Service, Sales Operations, Marketing, Product Management, Finance and other departments, equaling about ½ of the firm.
We are seeking a Business Analyst, who will directly interact with Salesforce users to understand requirements, analyze them and design a configurable (and more rarely a programming-required) solution. In addition to analysis and design, it is expected that the Business Analyst has the complete skill set to plan, document, configure, test, communicate, and execute Salesforce-related implementations. Success in this position requires one to be a self-starter, a good collaborator and communicator (both in written and verbal skills).
- Pro-actively work with business partners to ensure the requirements/user stories are well prepared with complete information and analysis.
- Ability to research and analyze the impact of change on our rather large Salesforce.com implementation
- Provide timely and clear communications with global Salesforce team and Feature Request sponsors.
- Lead a virtual team and be a virtual team member (often at the same time)
- Implement, document and test configuration projects on salesforce.com platform and collaborate with Salesforce.com developers on the complicated logic.
- Collaborate and contribute to Business Analyst peer initiatives, from brain storming sessions through to project implementation support.
- Respond to cases (user inquires that require troubleshooting of any salesforce.com related topic including, but not limited to function, usage, "how to", data quality, data structure, reporting, business process and logic.)
- Proven accreditation with Salesforce.com (a plus).
- Strong oral and written communication skills (in English), ability to gather and analyze requirements from end users and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- High sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple in-progress projects while keeping all projects on track.
- Technical orientation, such as the ability to use data models and workflow diagrams, or design in hygiene, such as exception case handling, maintenance reports and dashboards
- Technical IT/CRM background. Salesforce.com Preferred.
- Experience in customization, configuration, declarative programming such as workflow rules, validation rules, flow.
- Salesforce.com Certifications: Certified Administrator (a plus), Certified Advanced Administrator/Developer/Consultant (a plus)
- Development experience, preferred but not essential
- Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology Engineering or Math), with Computer/Software Engineering preferred
- Salesforce certifications (as described above) (a plus)
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top