Oracle Database Engineer
- Budapest, Hungary
Your Team responsibilities
MSCI is looking for an experienced Oracle Database engineer to join the Database Engineering Team in the Budapest office. Engineering team is responsible for designing database solutions for both RDBMS and NoSQL database technologies on-premise and in the Cloud.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
The candidate will be responsible for engineering, automating database solutions together with other engineering Teams (Storage, Linux etc.) for MSCI both on premise and in the Cloud.
- Enable MSCI to use the latest Oracle technology leveraging all flash arrays on premise.
- Actively participate in Database migrations to Azure.
- Work closely with Application developers in Budapest, Berkeley, New York, Geneva and Mumbai to contribute contextual technical knowledge to their Oracle database applications.
- Actively participate in solutions architecture, product engineering and continual service improvement.
- Advocate effective use of Oracle database technology at MSCI across multiple business lines.
- Perform complex troubleshooting and performance tuning activities.
- Get stuff done. We are looking for someone we can trust to do a good job without much handholding - you should enjoy responsibility.
- 3-5 years of experience in Oracle 12c+ database administration on large mission critical databases in a real time production environment.
- Deep understanding of Oracle fundamentals: Database internals, ASM, Backup/Recovery, Data Guard, Cloud Control.
- Strong command of solving Server and Application level performance problems
- Willingness to learn new database technologies
- Solid Linux background including shell scripting
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus: Cassandra, Neo4j, MongoDB, Splunk.
- Open mindset to test and evaluate RDBMS technologies tools and features: e.g. Oracle GoldenGate, Multitenant, Enterprise User Security
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies : MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top