Your Team responsibilities -
MSCI has a number of new ambitious cloud-based Java projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join the Index IT team, as part of a delivery-focused IT group responsible for designing, developing and supporting internal, client and public-facing cloud-based distribution solutions comprising of:
- A terabyte scale Oracle database, No SQL (Cassandra) systems & in-memory distributed caches used to serve thousands of ReST API requests per second with response time in milliseconds.
- A Product file generation system that generates thousands of files totaling 100+ GB of data in a matter of minutes
- A set of modern single page Web Applications that enable clients to view all Index data
If selected, you will work as part of a delivery focused and talented software development team responsible for designing, developing and supporting the index and product generation platforms.
You will use cutting edge software development techniques and technologies, following the best practices of the industry.
MSCI provides a very attractive compensation package, an exciting work environment and opportunities for continuous self-development and career advancement for the right candidates
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect ...
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycle to work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
- Build the future Equity Index Product platform
- Design and develop secure, scalable server-side applications using the latest Java frameworks.
- Leverage software design patterns and the latest java technologies
- A University Graduate or master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ year experience developing Java and Web applications in a large product development environment
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Principles, Data Structures & Algorithms
- Proficiency in core Java development including collections, multi-threading, performance, monitoring
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with CI tools like TeamCity, Jenkins, BitBucket Server, Artifactory.
- Practical experience of using Java frameworks such as JDBC, Spring, Hibernate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate issues clearly and concisely to peers & management
- Excellent logical analysis, creative problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- A passion for developing quality solutions
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, Black Leadership Network and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.