Your Team responsibilities
The candidate will have opportunity to work on innovative financial applications utilizing the latest technologies and will be responsible for understanding client needs and for ensuring that product specifications and functionality fulfill client needs. As our functional QA specialist, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards a broad set of objectives including developing test plans and test cases, verifying UI and web service components, and implementing and using automated test tools.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect ...
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
- Perform test case management activities and track test requirement coverage.
- Analyze defects found during testing to identify likely root cause and create defect reports.
- Develop and extend automated test scripts, testing infrastructure, and all test related documentation.
- Develop, monitor, and intervene on automated test framework for UI, workflow, web services, and user interfaces.
- Work with developers, business analysts, and data management operations analysts to develop and execute test plans.
- Analyze our client data processing platform (from data ingestion to report generation) to identify key areas for automation.
- Assist in streamlining and improving the daily test processes.
- Proficient in Java based automation tools
- Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a computer related field.
- Java programming experience required; experience with Linux/Unix, Python, Perl, Azure DevOps, and/or Apache Airflow a plus.
- Experience with Git, JIRA, and Agile development processes.
- Experience in the design, development, and implementation of software testing solutions.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, Black Leadership Network and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.