Index Products Strategy Associate
- Monterrey, Mexico
The individual will be part of our Index Products team, which is the team responsible for defining and implementing business strategies in the Americas and EMEA region across all client segments. The various aspects of the Index business include data sales and index licensing to a range of market participants, including pension plans, asset managers, ETF providers, wealth managers, brokers dealers, hedge funds and custodians. This role will be an important contributor to our regional strategy management by directly supporting one or more specific strategies. This will involve working closely with the relevant strategy owner(s) as well as working in collaboration with other functions such as Client Coverage, Research and Marketing.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
The EMEA and Americas Index Planning and Projects Associate will be an important contributor to the Index Products team through the management of two key business processes:
- Work closely with colleagues within product and other functional teams (coverage, research, technology, project management, etc.) to ensure timely progression of projects through appropriate channels as well as timely communication of updates and/or escalation.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of our strategy while staying on top of market trends and competitive activities to effectively connect the dots' and bring to the table relevant, decision-enabling insights.
- Consistent focus on distilling data and curating content to deliver relevant, digestible and actionable insights rather than simply communicating data
- Liaise with Product Strategy Head to support queries and analysis.
- Manage the portfolio of America's tactical plans through a systematic process that allows for the effective planning and tracking of the team's tactical initiatives.
- Help enhance existing processes with new ideas/automation and developing best practices across Product Strategy Teams
- Collaborative and team oriented with the ability to establish and maintain clear lines of transparent communication with colleagues at various functions, levels and locations across the firm.
- Take-charge, positive attitude with strong leadership and exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in consulting, project management, or strategy within the financial services industry is a strong plus.
- Strong understanding of the global markets, investment strategy and the various uses of indexes in the investment process is a strong plus.
- Exceptional English language skills.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Finance or similar subject.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top