Full Stack / Back-end Application Development
- Norman, OK
Full Stack Developer
Norman OR Toronto OR Washington State
As a Full stack / Back-end application developer, you will be responsible for maintaining and adding functionality to a microservice web architecture built with Java Spring for backend services and a dynamic React.js frontend. You must be familiar with Java Spring, React.js, and Typescript, with a strong focus on unit and functional testing. You'll have an opportunity to help design and develop our mobile edition as a Progressive Web Application (PWA) with modern technologies and run in the cloud.
We are building a platform to allow our research and product management teams to create and maintain views into MSCI's financial analytical capabilities. With this tool, business users can construct custom UIs to provide the capability for sales to quickly show what MSCI has to offer and validate our analytics. The same infrastructure is used to support our clients in building their own integrations into MSCI's financial analytical capabilities through our API Gateway.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect ...
•Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
- Work with researchers and product manager to collect new requirements supporting client use cases.
- Participate in backend system architecture design for new features of a dynamically rendered React application.
- Maintain and update JSON schemas and documentation used to construct and validate UI descriptions.
- Continue work on a pluggable architecture to support more complex analytical inputs and result parsing.
- Write and maintain unit test coverage during development.
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews during development.
- Write functional test cases to cover newly implemented functionalities and integrate them into our fully automated continuous release pipeline.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- 5+ years software back-end development experience
- 3+ years Java OR C++ development experience
- 1+ years React.js development experience
- Experience with React unit testing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Azure DevOps is a plus
- Experience with VS Code extension development is a plus
- Candidates with front-end is a plus
- Experience with Java Spring
- Experience with Git, JIRA, and Agile development processes
- Typescript experience
How we'll support you
•Coaching and support from experts in your team
•A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
•Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
•Goal based objectives and development plans
•Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
•Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.
About MSCI and our teams:
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do ( www.msci.com )
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top