ESG Sales Specialist
- Chicago, IL
Your Team responsibilities -
We are seeking to expand the Client Coverage team in Chicago with a commercially driven and results-oriented individual. As the leading provider of Environmental, Social and Governance Research, Ratings and Indexes, we continue to grow our footprint with the world's largest asset managers, banks, hedge funds, pension funds and corporations. As an MSCI ESG Sales Specialist you are responsible for developing new business within the Midwest territory.
The role also demands a consummate relationship builder, both internally and extenally, to drive sales and achieve revenue targets. The individual will work very closely with all parts of the MSCI organization, including Client Service, Marketing, Legal, Finance and Product Management.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect ...
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your key responsibilities -
- Educate potential clients about ESG investment trends and how MSCI can enable investors to build ESG capabilities through our market leading ESG Research, Index, and Analytics solutions
- Consistently meet and exceed sales and business objectives
- Identify opportunities and close sales to new prospects
- Work with the wider sales group to achieve cross-segment opportunities and synergies from information sharing and collaboration
- Communicate suggestions to improve, customize, or create new products and solutions
- Gather and share industry trends and competitive intelligence to senior management
- Grow network and attend relevant industry events
Your skills and experience that will help you excel -
- 2+ years of direct sales experience
- Financial Services sales experience highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree required (MA or CFA designation preferred) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated interest in ESG a plus
- Proven track record in developing new business
- Great networking and inter-personal skills
- Great negotiation skills
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, customer orientated thinker with a strong consultative sales drive
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics.Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity.Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies : MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top