ESG Research Specialist
- Mumbai, India
Your Team responsibilities .
MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand multi-asset research team to support growing ESG business and research needs. An ESG Research analyst is expected to support existing solutions, specifically assessment of social and sustainability bonds, as well as partake in development of new analytical approaches to integration of ESG criteria across asset classes.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect ...
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
- You will work closely with all parts of the MSCI organization, including Client Service, Marketing, Legal, Finance and Product Management. Collaborating with other members of the ESG Research team, you will be responsible for
- Ensuring analytical rigor of MSCI impact solutions, including SDG Alignment, Sustainable Impact Metrics, and green bonds, and delivering related technical notes and publications
- Producing insightful research on the ESG characteristics of bonds, loans, private equity and other investment vehicles
- Facilitating transparent exchange of information through ongoing communications with issuers and clients
- Responding to key market and regulatory trends by identifying and outlining trend analysis
- Working closely with our global analyst team to develop sound methodologies, and test inputs and outputs of model frameworks; presenting research findings to internal and external audiences.
- Advanced degree in sustainability related field (masters) is preferred but not required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in investment, corporate, public policy, or NGO fields
- The candidate must demonstrate a strong interest and knowledge about the sustainable investment field
- A critical thinker with attention to detail and the ability to work with large data sets
- A storyteller with excellent writing, communication, and public presenting skills
- A team player who can collaborate across a diverse global team
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ambitious, with a desire to bring ESG into the mainstream investment process
How we'll support you
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, Black Leadership Network and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top