ESG Ratings Data Operations Analyst - Japanese Language Specialist
- Manila, Philippines
Your Team responsibilities
MSCI ESG, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its global ESG Ratings team. The analyst is expected to have a strong interest in general ESG trends and specific knowledge about the dominant ESG issues for industries. The analyst is also expected to work on China domicile companies, therefore proficiency in Mandarin language is a must.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
- Conduct sustainability research and collect ESG data for companies across multiple sectors from Annual Reports, CSR Report, Proxy Statement etc.
- Quality check the ESG data
- Strong Communication skills- English and Japanese language - both oral and written
- Sound knowledge about equities or financial markets in general
- Excellent research skills and strong analytical skill
- Ability to QC data in large volume
- Should be solutions focused and have the ability to work in unstructured environment
- Comfortable working in a team environment across hierarchies, functions and geographies
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Minimum 1-3 years of full-time professional experience in: Financial services experience that includes exposure to ESG investment products or experience in data quality related roles, or analytical roles within key industries
- Minimum of Bachelors' degree required
- Advanced degree in related field, such as master's is preferred but not required
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top