ESG Commercial Product Manager
- London, United Kingdom
ESG Product Manager, London
MSCI ESG Research is seeking to expand its ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) Product Management team and is looking for a suitable candidate to join our London office.
As an ESG Product Manager you will be part of our team that is a leading provider of ESG research to institutional investors globally. In this role you will help us to develop and launch new ESG products, including developing and implementing commercial models for new and existing products, and work closely with our sales, legal and finance organization in growing our business. You will work with several product managers, as well as stakeholders across the organization and around the world. You will learn about the fast-growing responsible investing field, the leading ESG products in the market and how investors are using them.
What we will offer you:
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
- Partner with senior product managers, as well as colleagues across the organization and across product lines including client coverage, marketing, finance and legal in helping us to achieve our commercial product objectives. They work within the product management team to help define our commercial models for new and existing products, evaluate market dynamics, develop sales and marketing campaigns, and support sales activities.
- Leading the design and implementation of commercial product strategy by quickly assessing and evaluating key market dynamics (e.g. competitors, key providers, regulation) and consolidating these into a competitive business strategy. The objective is to grow our subscription revenue by developing new products, enhancing and finding new ways to monetize existing products, and preparing strategic and tactical regional sales and marketing plans. Key growth opportunities include selling additional subscriptions to the existing client base and finding new use cases for new client segments.
- Directly support our client facing organization by responding to questions from MSCI client coverage related to our products, pricing and licensing; helping to negotiate terms; developing collateral, pitchbooks, user guides, talking points and documentation; designing sales campaigns, and helping to organize periodic training sessions for coverage.
- Successful candidates will have a financial background, experience in developing commercial models and working with external clients and exhibit an interest for ESG issues.
- The right candidate should have extensive practical experience in finance, product management or a sales role with some experience / exposure to ESG investing topics. She or he ideally understands financial institutions and the investment process. Experience within a front office investment environment is helpful inclusive of direct exposure to portfolio management or credit & equity research process, but not necessary. Previous experience in a product management or sales position in a for-profit organization, with a strong track record of delivering commercial results would be beneficial.
- The ideal candidate is highly organized and able to work effectively on several simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- This position requires constant interaction with senior product management personnel, other teams, and external clients and partners. Because of this, the Product Management must possess excellent communication skills in order to be positioned to effectively make regular presentations to these individuals as required. Note, that excellent people skills are also important for the facilitation of smooth interactions in internal business collaborations.
- Should possess exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to do market analysis and run commercial projections. These analytical skills coupled with strong technical abilities and a genuine passion for new technologies and analytical tools, are a quality an ideal candidate will possess.
- The Product Manager should be creative and innovative in problem solving and the formulation of solutions. Additionally, they should demonstrate great initiative and motivation in approaching their workload as well as in learning new interpersonal and analytical skills.
- An ideal candidate will hold a degree in a technical field; for example, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration or the equivalent in experience.
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (www.msci.com)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top