Director of Corporate Development
- New York, NY
The Managing Director of Corporate Development will be responsible for overseeing MSCI's acquisitions, investments, partnerships and divestitures, in addition to being involved in broader strategic activities. The position will have global responsibilities for sourcing, negotiating, executing and integrating transactions. The position reports to the Chief Strategy Officer, but interfaces heavily with the broader executive team.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Coordinate closely with senior business leaders to establish and formalize MP&A development frameworks in order to ensure the business is identifying, prioritizing, and evaluating potential acquisition, investment and partnership targets effectively
- Identify potential partners and acquisition targets and develop relationships with their executives
- Act as a key advisor to business leaders on critical strategic, competitive, and industry matters
- Maintain and deploy formal acquisition and partnership transaction execution framework to drive alignment and accountability pre and post transaction, including outlining processes for coordinating internal and external project teams, performing valuation and financial analyses, facilitating due diligence, developing optimal transaction structures, negotiating transaction documentation, identifying integration teams, facilitating integration plan development, and obtaining management and board approvals
- Work intimately with product and functional teams, bankers, lawyers, and consultants to execute deals, including:
- Coordinating internal and external project teams
- Performing valuation and financial analyses
- Facilitating due diligence
- Developing optimal transaction structures
- Negotiating transaction documentation
- Identifying integration teams and facilitating integration plan development
- Obtaining management and board approvals
- Establishing clear plans to track future integration and performance of transactions
- Drive proactive evaluation, sale and separation of non-core assets, including overseeing the separation PMO and ensuring successful execution
- Develop and foster relationships with executives at selected high impact potential partner and acquisition targets
- Maintain dialogues with and selectively engage external business and industry experts, as well as consultants, to learn and influence business strategies, constantly remaining alert and forward-thinking about opportunities and risks in the industry.
- Help establish and drive strategic process to develop long term strategic, business, and financial priorities and goals
- Experience in managing teams of highly motivated individuals
- Deep familiarity with the financial technology and/or investment management sectors
- Knowledge of and relationships with industry executives and investment bankers within the financial technology space
- Strong corporate finance capabilities and extensive experience valuing companies
- Project management and/or integration experience and ability to coordinate large, multi-functional teams
- Strong familiarity with and experience negotiating purchase agreements and other definitive documentation
- 15+ years experience in investment banking, corporate development, private equity or related field
To all recruitment agencies : MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top