Data Scientist - Financial Modelling
- Zurich, Switzerland
Your Team responsibilities
We are building cutting-edge software to identify and analyze the exposure to climate change of different investment products. Our models cover policy, technology and physical risks and translate these into relevant metric for global investors. It's our goal to alert investors of the climate risk profiles of investment products and to tackle climate change at the roots. Our mission is a big one and we're looking for a sharp, energetic and organized Data Scientist to join our Climate Risk Center team in the Zürich office.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- Regarding Covid19, a specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation
- A great tech stack: Python, Django, pandas, Celery, Docker, Kubernetes in the cloud with a modern Continuous Integration infrastructure
- Work closely with other research team members, our development team members, and other stakeholders
- Implement, test and document new climate change risk computations for investment products with particular focus on financial modelling of climate change related costs and profits
- Develop models to assess climate related risks across different asset classes (loans, private equity, fixed income)
- Communicate complex topics in a simple way to internal and external stakeholders not familiar with the topics
- Control the data quality at all computational steps
- Employ agile development and rapid prototyping techniques
- Promote best engineering practices to ensure quality assurance
- Anticipate problems/opportunities and adapt to new challenges
- Experience in data manipulation and software development, particularly Python
- Experience in quantitative finance, financial risk modeling or fixed income
- Relevant experience in the fields of climate, environment, sustainability or finance
- Fast learner and strong logical thinker
- Flexible to adapt to new challenges
- Have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a multi-cultural and geographically distributed team
- Self-motivated, pro-active and demonstrating an exceptional drive towards delivery
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies
MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship , disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top