Your team responsibilities
On the forefront of the financial services industry, MSCI's Compliance team offers a fast-paced yet collegial environment, which is created through a strong culture of teamwork and close working relationships with different levels of management. This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding, highly motivated professional to join our global Compliance team working out of Mumbai as a Compliance Editor and Reviewer - Senior Associate.
The Compliance Editor and Reviewer is responsible for ensuring the application of MSCI's Compliance policies and procedures to the Company's public facing thought leadership, research, and marketing materials and for other compliance-related tasks. The role will report to the Vice President - Compliance Counsel in Mumbai and support the company's legal department and businesses. Responsibilities include the review, monitoring and audit of marketing and research materials and processes and other compliance tasks.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect ...
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance and retirement savings plans/pensions
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization's leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
- Maintain a visible Compliance presence with research and marketing groups
- Review and manage Compliance workflow of MSCI's external research and marketing materials, including ESG research reports, methodologies, presentations, blogs, white papers, and fact sheets
- Help review, monitor and audit publication policies and procedures taking into consideration regulatory regimes, industry best practice and business considerations and realities. This includes record keeping, policy maintenance and procedure checks
- Serve as a subject matter expert and resource to the business
- Work on additional compliance functions and projects
- Deliver trainings and presentations regarding the firm's compliance guidelines for publications
- Perform compliance testing and monitoring
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, preferably dealing with financial markets research and marketing review or financial regulator publication and research requirements
- Strong research-based editing skills
- Strong working knowledge of best practices for research quality review practices
- Experience reviewing or auditing record keeping and research review policies and practices
- Confidence giving presentations and conducting trainings
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and speaking skills - including the ability to explain legal concepts to non-legal staff
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands in a global organization
- Self-starter with proven ability to meet deadlines and act independently
- Comfortable with applying and learning technology, with a desire to contribute to the continuous enhancements to MSCI's Legal and Compliance departments technology platforms
- Excellent academic credentials
- Law Degree and licensed to practice law in India or another jurisdiction preferred
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups such as MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women's Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities and Climate Action Groups.
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.
To all recruitment agencies : MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.