- Emeryville, CA
Cloud Systems Engineer
Seattle, WA (open to candidates in other US cities. ( NY & CA)
As a Cloud Systems Engineer for MSCI's Infrastructure Engineering group, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining secure MSCI Cloud infrastructure operations and reporting procedures, you will participate in enterprise architectural reviews and proof of concept cloud solution implementations, and you will work directly with application development teams on planning & executing cloud transformation initiatives. The successful candidate will have experience building out a variety of enterprise cloud, public facing, mission critical solutions. Experience with multiple cloud provider implementations and a strong desire to become a cutting-edge industry leader in deploying and managing cloud based services is essential.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect ...
• Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
• Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
• A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
• A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
• A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your key responsibilities
• Provide technical expertise in cloud provisioning for networking, storage and virtualization (Windows, Linux etc..) platforms
• Drive technical discussions across the infrastructure, application development and support teams toward cloud infrastructure deployments (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
• Assist the infrastructure team to establish and improve lightweight and reliable processes for end to end service provisioning, reporting and decommissioning automation
• Interface with cloud service providers to remediate integration related technical challenges
• Assist with developing and maintaining cloud standards, policies, processes and procedures to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives
• Lead projects to introduce and implement new cloud based technologies, ensuring security compliance as well as optimal configuration in order to meet business needs
• Effectively communicate and consult with business users, developers and the infrastructure team to design innovative cloud based infrastructure solutions, including re-architecture and migration of existing on-prem applications, which affordably meet business SLAs
• Create and present professional grade deliverables such as timeline and project deliverable documents, technical drawings, and presentations
• Keep pace with emerging tools, techniques, and products for cloud platforms, hosting Windows and Linux based web applications, Kubernetes, and elastic compute environments
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
• BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related discipline
• 5+ years IT Infrastructure Engineering experience
• 2+ Years managing enterprise cloud based infrastructure environments
• 1+ Years managing and leading complex, mission-critical infrastructure initiatives in an enterprise environment
• Microsoft Azure certified preferred
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including fluency in English
• Demonstrated success in defining and executing migrations to cloud based infrastructure
• Experience implementing and integrating existing processes with IaaS, PaaS, SaaS offerings from major cloud providers (Azure, AWS etc..)
• Proven track record leading and working with cross functional teams
• Excellent analytical skills in decision making, with the ability to speak in both business and technical terms
• Excellent track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
• Experience with at least one of the scripting languages PowerShell, Bash, Python
• Proficiency in Configuration Management & automation tools such as - DSC, Puppet, Ansible, Chef
• Experience with IaaC such as ARM, Terraform, CloudFormation.
• Experience with CI/CD tools - Azure DevOps (Repositories, Pipelines), Git, TFS
• Knowledge of storage solutions such as S2D, NetApp, Pure is a plus.
• Experience with Containerization & Orchestration - Docker, Kubernetes (Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Container Instance, Azure Container Registry, Azure Service Fabric preferred)
• Requires knowledge of network concepts, standards, and protocols
• Requires knowledge of operating system, database and application management
• Independent worker with proven ability to simultaneously execute multiple projects in a demanding environment
• Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc...
• Experience in application & network security design is a plus
• Experience with web services and XML standards (SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML Schema, etc.) a plus
• Knowledge of programming in modern languages - Java, C#, etc. a plus
How we'll support you
• Coaching and support from experts in your team
• A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
• Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
• Goal based objectives and development plans
• Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
• Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.
About MSCI and our teams:
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do ( www.msci.com )
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top