- Emeryville, CA
Site Reliability Engineer(SRE)
Seattle, WA (Open to candidates across the US- NY and CA)
As an SRE and subject matter expert with Kubernetes working with MSCI's Infrastructure Engineering group, you will be responsible for designing, developing Kubernetes infrastructure solutions and automation. You will participate in enterprise architectural reviews and proof of concept cloud solution implementations work directly with application development teams on planning & executing cloud and microservice transformation initiatives. The successful candidate will have experience building out a variety of enterprise cloud, public facing, mission critical solutions. Experience with native cloud solutions and strong desire to become a cutting-edge industry leader in designing, deploying and managing cloud-based services with Kubernetes.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect ...
• Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
• Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
• A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
• A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
• A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your key responsibilities
• Exercise technical expertise with Kubernetes to drive cloud native and on-prem solutions
• Drive technical discussions across the infrastructure, application development and support teams toward cloud infrastructure based on cloud solutions and Kubernetes
• Assist with developing and maintaining cloud standards, policies, processes and procedures to support and facilitate integration projects, cloud migration and onboarding
• Lead projects to introduce and implement new cloud-based technologies, ensuring security compliance as well as optimal configuration in order to meet business needs
• Interface with cloud service providers to remediate integration related technical challenges
• Effectively communicate and consult with business users, developers and the infrastructure team to design innovative cloud-based infrastructure solutions, including re-architecture and migration of existing on-prem applications, which affordably meet business SLAs with a focus on Kubernetes
• Create and present professional grade deliverables such as timeline and project deliverable documents, technical drawings, and presentations
• Keep pace with emerging tools, techniques, and products for cloud platforms, hosting
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
• BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant experience
• 3+ Years managing enterprise cloud-based, Kubernetes infrastructure
• Azure and AKS experience preferred, other cloud providers acceptable
• Demonstratable programming experience with either Python or Go
• Experience with DevOps CI/CD cloud tools - Terraform, Azure DevOps, Jenkins
• Experience with writing and programming for API's (servers and clients)
• Experience deploying and maintaining ELK/EFK Stack a big bonus
• 1+ Years managing and leading complex, mission-critical infrastructure initiatives in an enterprise environment
• Experience implementing and integrating existing processes with IaaS, PaaS, SaaS offerings advantageous
• Proven track record leading and working with cross functional teams
• Excellent analytical skills in decision making, with the ability to speak in both business and technical terms
• Excellent track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
• Requires knowledge of network concepts, standards, and protocols
How we'll support you
• Coaching and support from experts in your team
• A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
• Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
• Goal based objectives and development plans
• Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
• Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.
About MSCI and our teams:
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do ( www.msci.com )
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top