Cloud Application Developer Intern
- Budapest, Hungary
MSCI's Cloud Application Integration team develop services to automate business processes and implement data integrations between firm systems and external providers. As an agile team we also lead testing and evaluating various new technologies and provide consultancy to other application teams.
Last but not least as our internal clients are from all across the organization, you will have the chance to meet and chat and work with people from wide range of business domains and learn from them.
Scope of Responsibility
- Develop and maintain cloud application and integration platforms with team lead supervision
- As a cloud developer, have the affinity and the willingness to learn and embrace new skills and technologies
- Implement software for back-end functionality (data APIs & data integration, data processing, authentication, caching)
- Implement software for front-end functionality (data visualization, stylesheets, self-service interfaces)
- Setup and maintain the health-check and systems monitoring tools
- Setup and maintain the build, release and deployment tools (Azure DevOps, Terraform, etc.)
- Setup and maintain the underlying components (compute and database in Azure PaaS/SaaS platform)
- Participate in the release and deployment activities
- As 3rd line support, troubleshoot issues, devise mitigation plans and create bug-fixes
- Document and track your work in MSCI's ticketing and knowledge base systems
- Evaluate new technologies, create Proof of Concepts and specify/document the architecture
- Work with IT peer groups on joint engineering projects and requirements
- Work and collaborate with non-technical business lines, e.g. HR, finance, legal, etc.
- Knowledge of .Net frameworks (ASP.Net MVC Core, Web API2, EF Core, etc.)
- Hands-on cloud computing experience (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Relational database programming (SQL)
- Developing with ASP.Net Blazor Server and/or Blazor Web Assembly
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, AKS)
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience developing web-based applications in a professional environment
- back-end development in C# .Net framework or .Net Core
- have a high-level understanding of and willingness to learn front-end technologies
- Good English, both written and oral
- A University Undergraduate (BA) or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent fields.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top