Your Team responsibilities
We are building cutting-edge software to identify and quantify the exposure to climate change of publicly traded companies. It's our goal to provide this data to alert the financial industry of climate risks in its investments, and to tackle climate change at the roots. We work for global impact, and hope that you'll join us on this journey.
The Climate Risk Center Tech team is responsible to provide the best computational framework, infrastructure, processes and teaching to empower a global MSCI ESG research team to constantly innovate our climate and ESG modeling and data sourcing. We seek to expand our product offering to the full stack of common investment vehicles, to allow to fully disclose all financial market climate risks.
As a Senior Climate Risk Software Engineer, you'll join a great team of talented, motivated, kind, and tech-savvy people, joint by a common goal.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- Regarding Covid19, a specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation
- A great tech stack: Python, Django, pandas, Celery, Docker, Kubernetes in the cloud with a modern Continuous Integration infrastructure
We are looking for a sharp, energetic and organized software engineer with a positive attitude to shape our IT landscape and drive our projects to success. With us, you can:
- Build and lead the MSCI CRC's software engineering team in Budapest
- Drive key projects to integrate our climate risk computation platform via API solutions
- Build top-notch models and technology to expand our product line
- Understand the needs of internal and external stakeholders and communicate complex topics efficiently
- Empower your team to deliver scalable, integrated technology solutions across the company
- Provide a maintainable infrastructure for MSCI ESG's research team to build innovative computational models for new ESG product lines, minimizing time to market
- Promote best engineering practices to ensure high software quality
- Anticipate options and adapt to new opportunities
- You have 6 or more years of experience in software engineering
- You are experienced in scalable enterprise architecture related to our tech stack: Python, Django, Pandas, Celery, Docker, Kubernetes on Azure with a modern Continuous Integration infrastructure
- You have a deep interest in scalable web frameworks, API solutions, data quality management, computational models, project management and team leadership
- You like to interact in our cross-cultural and geographically distributed environment
- You are self-motivated, entrepreneurial and have a strong drive to deliver
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies
MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship , disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.