ANALYTICS SALES SPECIALIST
- London, United Kingdom
Your Team responsibilities -
As part of a team covering UK and Europe, the Analytics Sales Specialist contributes to business development by acting as an expert in MSCI solutions and Analytics products which include RiskManager, BarraOne, Barra Portfolio Manager, CreditManager, HedgePlatform and WealthBench.
The Sales Professionals will use their knowledge of the investment management process, modern portfolio theory, performance attribution, regulation and methodologies to work with client/prospect organizations to identify solutions and close sales opportunities.
This role requires involvement in all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship building and management, product demonstrations and contract negotiation. In this role, the Sales Professional will work closely with MSCI's Global Client Service, Client Consultant, Marketing, Product Management, and Finance departments.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect ...
Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your key responsibilities -
• Help MSCI's Analytics product line to achieve targeted revenue goals
• Strategic territory and account planning to identify and close sales opportunities
• Achieve targeted revenue goals within the respective sales territory
• Answer detailed client inquiries about products and methodologies
• Work closely with other functions (client service, legal, contracts, billing, etc.) to ensure that all clients requests / inquiries are managed appropriately
• Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
• Provide feedback from clients to Marketing, Sales, Research and Product Development groups
• Attend relevant industry events
Your skills and experience that will help you excel -
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Understanding of/experience dealing with major financial institutions including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Broker Dealers, Pension Plans, and/or Consultants; Strong understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets; A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team; Thorough understanding of the investment management process; Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
- Understanding of and in-depth experience dealing with major financial institutions, especially institutional investors
- Strong understanding of financial markets
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience and minimum of 7 years of experience in financial services
- Excellence in both individual achievement as well as teamwork with a diverse set of departments
- Bachelor's Degree Required; MBA or Masters Degree preferred
- Excellence in spoken and written English required
- Experience in Portfolio Management is plus
How we'll support you
Coaching and support from experts in your team
A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
Goal based objectives and development plans
Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.
About MSCI and our teams:
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics.Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity.Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies : MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top