Senior Security Engineer
mParticle is growing our Security team and is seeking an experienced Security Engineer to join us.
Our clients include marketing and engineering functions for some of the largest apps and sites in the world and our platform processes nearly one third of the world’s smartphone traffic.
If you are interested, here are some details to help you determine whether this is the right role for you.
Security is of paramount importance at mParticle and is baked into everything we do. We are looking for a self starting, highly skilled Senior Security Engineer to help us continue to iterate and innovate quickly while maintaining the highest standards of security.
As a small team, we value both breadth and depth of knowledge and won't pigeon hole you in to any one area. Our ideal candidate will have exceptional all round security knowledge, strong development skills and an ability to think both defensively and offensively. Previous experience as a penetration tester or security consult will be appreciated.
We are looking for someone who is able to dive into code and identify and fix issues, while being able to develop tooling to automate security processes and help keep us secure and compliant.
- Act as the technical Security subject matter expert, getting involved in every area of the business, with strong collaboration with Ops, Engineering and Product.
- Support strategic projects to further our InfoSec program goals, utilizing knowledge and past experience to ensure continued compliance with relevant standards such as ISO27001, SOC2 and GDPR.
- Lead security-related projects from inception to successful completion
- Perform security code reviews, static analysis and hands on internal assessments of both the mParticle platform and our infrastructure.
- Provide regular training to staff to enhance security awareness and understanding
- Provide effective incident response, remediation and forensics services when required
- Undergraduate’s degree in Computer Science, Security or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years prior experience.
- Solid understanding of web security issues such as SQLi, XSS, CSRF, and business logic flaws across large code bases.
- Strong knowledge of OWASP Top 10, Crypto principals and authentication infrastructure (SAML, OAUTH)
- Performed hands-on security threat modeling, risk assessment, and operational security analysis
- Prepared and presented detailed, written and verbal technical information for internal/external audiences
- A sense of urgency and a commitment to timely completion of projects. Attention to detail along with a commitment to quality and confidentiality
- Security assessment experience, penetration testing, incident response, forensics, network traffic analysis either internally or as a consultant
- Experience with Security architecture and risk mitigation
- Cloud/Enterprise IT administration (configuration, patching, deployment, change management)
- Experience of having worked in a DevOps environment
- Relevant industry certifications are a bonus (CISSP, SANS/GIAC, CompTIA, Microsoft, Linux, Cisco)
- Experience with securing and monitoring AWS or similar cloud environment
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web and apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as NBC Universal, Spotify and Airbnb among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 1 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $5 billion in e-commerce transactions and processes over 250 billion API calls. Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work three years in a row and named to Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development” list, mParticle has 100+ employees and is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Florida, and London.
Back to top