mParticle is growing and seeking a talented Product Designer who is driven by user-centric design in collaborative environments to tackle complex problems and own the end-to-end design process for major features and iterations.
As the newest design team member, you will be be a major contributor in a small, dynamic work environment. You will help shape a growing team of designers, as well as contribute to and uphold the team’s vision and values. You'll work directly with stakeholders to define requirements and translate them into flows. You’ll craft wireframes to present ideas and get feedback from internal and external mParticle customers. You’ll engage with engineering to ensure the product is built to spec and tested for optimal user experience.
Our product and design cycles are fast-paced with weekly releases. This role is suited for someone who can utilize lean UX methodology to move designs from requirements to development quickly, while ensuring that user needs are well researched, defined, and met.
What you get to do - Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of project requirements in order to create solutions that are informed by user needs, company strategy, and data.
- Solve problems creatively and effectively. Participate in and lead the discovery and ideation process for ongoing features and product enhancements. Provide feedback, ask questions, and propose solutions.
- Run user interviews and user testing sessions.
- Be a great team player. Collaborate closely with developers, product managers, and product designers in brainstorm and ideation sessions.
- Create flows, wireframes, and clickable prototypes for review and refinement.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of a user-centered design process to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Translate wireframes into well-thought-out interfaces, high fidelity mockups, and elegant and intuitive interactions.
- Create effective documentation to describe all variations of a feature’s design and prep design deliverables for handoff to engineering.
- Create UI using established design guidelines, collaborate with other designers on innovating and refining our existing design patterns.
- Work with engineering and product managers to ship the best possible product by the release date. Create design solutions that can scale up and down, and be released in multiple versions.
What you bring to the role - Experience
- You're experienced in the entire spectrum of product design, from user research and problem definition to creating flows, wireframes, and hi-fi prototypes.
- You're comfortable running and assisting usability testing and conducting user interviews.
- You have experience operating in a highly technical environment and translating complex design patterns into simple solutions.
- You have excellent communication, facilitation, and presentation skills. You're able to articulate and pitch your design rationale and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and outcomes.
- You’re a strong team player and believe cross-functional collaboration with teams and leaders from various backgrounds is essential to the discovery and delivery process.
- You have an understanding of the technological constraints and possibilities that bring your designs to life.
- You’re a critical thinker who is willing to challenge ideas and give and receive feedback while remaining decisive and moving projects forward.
- You love to break down and simplify complex problems.
- You’re excited to proactively contribute to and improve team processes, workflows, and values.
- 3+ years professional hands-on experience designing products.
- Proven record of creating UX for complex workflows and transactional interfaces.
- Some experience designing with data-heavy systems or creating data visualizations.
- Experience working on product teams from discovery to release and QA testing.
- Experience with Adobe, Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Bonus: experience designing for B2B enterprise SaaS products.
Please submit a link to your online portfolio along with your resume for further consideration. Your portfolio should tell thoughtful stories about experiences you created for complex applications and should speak to both product thinking and problem solving.
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web and apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as Airbnb, Foursquare, King, and Spotify among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 2 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $10 billion in e-commerce transactions and processes over 1 trillion API calls. Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and named to Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development” list, mParticle has 70+ employees and is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Florida, and London.
Back to top