mParticle is growing our Engineering team and is seeking a DevOps Engineer.
As a DevOps Engineer at mParticle, you will be responsible for maintaining strict production SLAs of a custom distributed application running on AWS cloud infrastructure, monitoring, alerting, incident management, SOP, capacity planning, change management, security, and overall platform stability and improvement.
The ideal candidate will have a deep technical understanding of Linux operating systems and at least an intermediate understanding of Windows operating systems, strong experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), advanced scripting skills, experience with variety of monitoring solutions, deep understanding of network communications and excellent troubleshooting skills.
Our clients include marketing and engineering functions for some of the largest apps in the world and our platform processes nearly one third of the world’s smartphone traffic.
If you are interested, here are some details to help you determine whether this is the right role for you.
- Maintain, monitor, and improve the performance and availability of the 24x7 production environment including networks, servers, databases, etc.
- Participate in on-call rotation and provide hands-on support during emergencies, outages, and service transitions.
- Define and monitor compliance to production environment SLAs.
- Participate in creating long-term and short term strategies for scaling the production environment.
- Adhere to a comprehensive incident management program including problem management.
- Generate KPIs for service availability, uptime, and adherence to SOPs, and SLAs.
- Strong experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, etc.)
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Marathon
- Strong multi-year experience with large production Cassandra clusters
- Strong experience with Linux server administration
- At least basic Windows server administration skills
- Strong scripting skills (Bash, Perl, Python) with the ability to develop ad hoc tools at scale.
- Deep technical knowledge of several monitoring and analytic tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Sumologic, Datadog
- Strong Experience with distributed web application architectures
- Experience supporting NoSQL databases such as Redis, Aerospike
- Experience with messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ
- Experience building/maintenance system monitoring and backup strategies
- Experience maintaining a secure production environment
- Experience with release/build/deployment management
- Deep understanding of 24x7 production operations and SLA development
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5 + years’ experience with 24x7 production operations
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web and apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as Airbnb, Foursquare, King, and Spotify among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 1 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $5 billion in e-commerce transactions and processes over 250 billion API calls. Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and named to Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development” list, mParticle has 85+ employees and is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Florida, and London.
Meet Some of mParticle's Employees
CEO & Co-founder
Michael is the final set of eyes that looks over platform designs, sales strategies, and marketing campaigns to ensure total alignment across the entire company.
Back to top