On the Moz Research Tools team, we are crazy about data. We collect, process, wrangle and illuminate data for online marketing software specializing in customer-facing research applications and data-driven tools for internal teams and projects. We collect and analyze over 800 million search engine results weekly. This data is consumed by internal engineering teams, including Big Data, Analytics, Local/Mobile and Data Science Research. We maintain Open Site Explorer which turns our 100 billion+ domain index into a premiere link building tool used by 1.5 million unique customers worldwide. Recently, we processed, scored and indexed 2 billion keywords for our recent Keyword Explorer Tool.
To be a Moz Engineer, you must:
- Be dedicated to high quality code and devoted to customer experience.
- Understand how to strike the balance between scalable/maintainable code.
- See potential scalability or performance problems before they happen.
- Always be learning.
About the position
- Learn, Maintain, and Improve large-scale systems.
- Develop new features and improve existing systems, including the two most highly-visible features of the product.
- Optimize map-reduce performance during upcoming HBase rollout.
- Implement and improve deployment, monitoring, testing, operational and foundational tools.
- Be an excellent problem solver, and willing to roll up sleeves to tackle any issue thrown your way
- Proficiency with Linux as an operating environment
- Proficiency with TCP/IP Networking is a plus
Here is what you will be working with
- 1000+ EC2 instances and terabytes of S3.
- Riak, HDFS and HBase clusters, Redis, Mysql servers
- HTTP protocol
- System monitoring (Nagios, Pingdom, Zabbix, New Relic, Librato)
We build software to help marketers do better marketing. We are dedicated to the future of SEO and we are a long-time leader in our space. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments and most recently received 2nd place honors in the PSBJ Best Places to Work.
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
- Not convinced we are awesome yet? Check out our Instagram and YouTube Channel
Sneak Peak at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 150% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Why Moz? Because we love what we do.
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.
Moz participates in E-Verify
Back to top