Sr. UX/UI Designer
You’re an experienced and seasoned design professional, seeking a position where your expertise and efforts are integral to the expansion of the company.
At Movoto, an online leader in the Real Estate industry, we are seeking a passionate and experienced Sr. UX/UI designer who wants to make a significant impact on the success of the company by helping our customers make the biggest financial decision of their lives. You love a challenge, don't need to be micro-managed and excel in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment. You thrive on solving complex needs with elegant solutions. You have a track record of creating user experiences that both delight customers and solve business problems.
As Senior UX/UI Designer, you will report to the Head of design and will work closely with product management, engineering and the design team. Your primary mission will be to create mobile-first, responsive experiences from high level concepts, interaction design, and visual design through prototyping. You’ll also work to improve the way millions of people interact with real estate agents. If you have an eye for simple, intuitive experiences and have a history of delivering innovative, pixel perfect and brand consistent experiences, you are a great fit for Movoto!
- Design engaging, innovative, easy-to-use solutions that address complex business and user needs from concept through production ready assets.
- Deliver responsive web applications with primary focus on mobile users that includes a full understanding of how design can be advanced for iOS and Android.
- Create iterations for A/B testing and work with research team to get user insights and feedback that drive your experiences.
- Collaborate with agile interdisciplinary team.
- Create designs that are user-centered, based in research and supported by data.
- Spend time with customers doing ethnographic research in their homes, workplaces, and at homes for sale to develop deep empathy of their needs and wants.
- Create useful and delightful experiences with a clean, refined aesthetic and can both work within and expand the Movoto brand.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating UX/UI, visual design and design methodologies across responsive web, mobile iOS, and Android.
- Deep knowledge of UX design principles from flow, layout, typography, color, transitions.
- Bachelor’s, or equivalent degree, in UX/UI Design, HCI, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of user-centered design experience for consumers.
- Experience working in an agile environment collaborating on multiple projects.
- Expertise using Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and Invision.
- Proven understanding of data driven web and networked technologies and working knowledge of CSS & HTML5.
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
About the Company
Movoto Real Estate was founded on a simple principle: Selling and buying real estate is too complicated. From humble beginnings as a three-person startup in 2005, the company has grown to become the second largest online real estate company in the US.
Some facts about Movoto:
- Movoto is the only online real estate brokerage licensed in all 50 states, and has a network of over 3,500 agents.
- Over 50 million people search for homes on Movoto annually, and we have a total of 80M across all web properties.
- Movoto was selected four years in a row for Inc. Magazine’s 500|5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest growing private companies.
- Over 26,000 clients have trusted Movoto agents with buying or selling their home.
Meet Some of Movoto's Employees
Brian oversees a team of engineers who build and iterate on Movoto’s products to make them better by focusing on engagement and conversion. He also runs several tests to make data-driven choices.
Back to top