Sr. UX/UI Designer
Movoto is a well-funded startup with a new initiative to deeply personalize and localize how we sell and buy homes across the US. We have an edge in the market because we’re a full-service online brokerage that has already enabled millions of people buy and sell their homes. Join us to be a key player in shaking up the real estate market by creating the most preferred real estate experience available.
About this role
We need a seasoned designer to help our customers make the biggest financial decision of their lives. As Senior UX/UI Designer, you will report to the Head of design and will work closely with product management, engineering and the design team. You’ll create mobile-first, responsive experiences from high level concepts, interaction design, and visual design through prototyping. You’ll also work to improve the way millions of people interact with real estate agents. If you have an eye for simple, intuitive experiences and have a history of delivering innovative, pixel perfect and brand consistent experiences, you are a great fit for Movoto!
- Design engaging, innovative, easy-to-use solutions that address complex business and user needs from concept through production ready assets.
- Deliver responsive web applications with primary focus on mobile users that includes a full understanding of how design can be advanced for iOS and Android.
- Create iterations for A/B testing and work with research team to get user insights and feedback that drive your experiences.
- Collaborate with agile interdisciplinary team.
- Create designs that are user-centered, based research and data driven.
- Spend time with customers doing ethnographic research in their homes, workplaces, and at homes for sale to develop deep empathy of their needs and wants.
- Create useful and delightful experiences with a clean, refined aesthetic and can both work within and expand the Movoto brand.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating UX/UI, visual design and design methodologies across responsive web, mobile iOS, and Android.
- Deep knowledge of UX design principles from flow, layout, typography, color, transitions.
- Bachelor’s, or equivalent degree, in UX/UI Design, HCI, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of user-centered design experience for consumers.
- Experience working in an agile environment collaborating on multiple projects.
- Expertise using sketch, photoshop, illustrator and invision.
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
Meet Some of Movoto's Employees
Brian oversees a team of engineers who build and iterate on Movoto’s products to make them better by focusing on engagement and conversion. He also runs several tests to make data-driven choices.
Back to top