Senior Program & Partnerships Manager
- Flexible / Remote
We are looking for a motivated individual that wants to help manage one of fastest growing and highest impact businesses: corporate partnerships and cross-sector partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity at the intersection of business operations, customer success, and social impact.
The ideal candidate will be a strong program manager with experience managing important partnerships, who cares deeply about social impact and people development.
Work will primarily fall into 3 client-facing categories, and 3 internal-facing categories:
#1: Client-facing Responsibilities
1.A: Program setup and optimization
You’ll help turn agreed strategy and vision into action by ensuring our programs and partnerships with major brands, including Microsoft, Kering, Avanade, Siemens Stiftung, SAP, and more, are functioning smoothly and delivering real value to all stakeholders. This will include working with the CEO and Director of the MovingWorlds Institute to deliver amazing experiences to our corporate partners, their employees, and their impact partners. You’ll know that you’ve been successful here when program outcomes are achievedand you played a part in retaining and expanding our existing partnerships.
1.B: Corporate-facing account management
Be the face of MovingWorlds when working with our corporate clients through all phases of our work with them: Program design, program setup, ongoing program support, and providing input for program growth. This will involve managing multiple accounts, using our systems to manage each relationship, and leading ongoing calls and meetings with clients. In addition, with the guidance of our CEO, you’ll be supporting the setup and management of program scopes/statements of works, and managing resources planning and managing budget. You’ll know that you’ve been successful here when our client satisfaction rates retain or increase.
1.C: Program excellence
Using your expertise in program management and support, you will ensure every corporate partner, their employees, and the related impact organizations have a great experience with MovingWorlds, using surveys and other tools to monitor their satisfaction with our service. You’ll know that you’ve been successful here when data tells us that all program participants have great, meaningful, and impactful experiences, and that our long-term data shows the sustainable impact of our programs.
#2: Internal-facing Responsibilities
2.A: Cross-team collaboration
As many of our corporate accounts are built on the MovingWorlds Experteering platform and MovingWorlds Institute learning community, you will work closely with the CEO and Director of the Institute to help deliver amazing experiences to our partners and the people and organizations they sponsor. Your experience in program management will be valuable to inform ongoing improvements in all of our programs. You’ll know that you’ve been successful here when your team members share that your insights and feedback has helped them improve their own work.
2.B: MovingWorlds Learning, Matching, and Planning Platform Input
MovingWorlds has its own community and matching platform to help scale its reach and impact. As a program manager, you’ll work with the CEO, Head of Engineering, Head of Business Operations, and Director of the MovingWorlds Institute to provide input on how the platform can better support our programs. You’ll know that you’ve been successful when your partnership with our team has resulted in new program features that lower our costs and improve the experiences of our members.
2.C: Program growth
MovingWorlds is still a small and growing team, meaning that this position will be very autonomous and results-focussed. That said, the insights and inputs you capture will influence our direction, and we’ll rely on you to share that input with team members and the CEO to help us identify ways to grow our programs, accounts, and organization.
Skills & Experience
This position will need skills and experience in the following:
- Program management, with a focus on delivery and ongoing improvements
- Facilitation and consulting to help improve strategy and operations of programs
- Account management with diverse stakeholders
- A customer-success mindset
- Executive presence and ability to engender trust with clients
- Client engagement and relationship building
- A growth mindset
Additional skills that may come in useful:
- Project management certification (PMP, Six sigma) is a plus, but proven success as a PM is more important than certifications
- Measuring impact (i.e. monitoring and evaluation)
- Experience with business productivity tools (i.e. CRM, Zoho, G Suite, etc.)
- Presentation skills
- Remote work experience (Zoom, etc.)
- A clear understanding of the technology industry and popular remote work technologies used by social impact organizations (Microsoft suite of projects, Salesforce, Tableau, etc.)
- Using OKRs/Goal setting tools
While you will work directly with most of the MovingWorlds team, you will report directly with the MovingWorlds CEO.
Work Location & Travel
MovingWorlds is a global, virtual team with presence in Seattle, USA; Houston, USA; Medellin, Colombia; Lisbon, Portugal. Ideally you will be in one of these locations, but you can work from anywhere provided you overlap with our working time zones. Our current clients are as far west as Seattle and as far East as Nairobi. Your home base should be between those locations for the optimal working hours.
When the world returns to a new normal, you can expect occasional travel, likely 5-15% to US and Europe, will be used for business development trips, conferences, and strategic planning sessions with clients as well as the MovingWorlds team.
MovingWorlds is a social enterprise in the process of scaling globally. To prioritize our mission and keep as much equity as possible with our current and expanding team, we are expanding without raising additional capital. This means we’re looking for core team members open to a small base salary and more aggressive equity package.
On account of a global team that lives in different countries and cities that have different cost-of-living levels, we use a cost of living adjustment calculator to ensure equitable pay across our organization and locations. This role will be compensated based on market data for a senior program manager in the nonprofit industry for your city at about the 25% percentile. More information about salary, as well as the MovingWorlds approach to equal pay, will be shared early in the process.
A few note about your salary:
Your monetary salary will be below market for the near future, and as a social enterprise, we can’t guarantee that your salary will ever be as high as that of large international corporations
An equity package, per our Employee Stock Option Plan, will make up the difference between your market value and paycheck
We’re looking for a core team member that is interested in equity and helping create value for themselves and the entire organization
We grew 40% last year and everybody on the team received a pay increase, and our hope is to continue this trend
Additional benefits include
- Health benefits, or a stipend of up to $180 / month for it (after 1 month vesting period)
- Flexible vacation policy – just stay on top of your commitments
- Stipend for home-office improvements and/or co-work office in your community
- Two weeks of “slow-down” during the New Year holiday season (virtual office shut down, but maintain program-specific and role-specific requirements)
- Learning and development opportunities – our team is passionate about people development and we want to know your learning goals. Based on them, we’ll help you find a mentor or fund a learning journey
- Go Experteering – we’ll pay your round trip air for an Experteering trip, and give you paid time for it, once every 4 years… We wish this was more frequent…. But #startuplife :)
- Exposure to an amazing network of social impact leaders across all sectors
- Work with a startup team of like-minded and highly motivated colleagues
- Be part of a virtual team that lets you work from any place as long as you can overlap for at least two hours of a normal business day with Pacific Time and Central Europe time.
- A fully paid trip to someplace cool every year for our team retreat (COVID willing)
Our team is international with team members coming from 3 countries and a diverse set of skills. While we pride ourselves on supporting a very diverse community, we are also increasing our investment and education for our own team, as well as building a team that is more representative of the diverse community we serve. As of 2020, we have implemented new policies, including attempting to eliminate bias out of our hiring process. This is done with:
- Initial candidate screens are done without name, and initial resume and linkedIn reviews will be done with technology that blanks out names and photos of profiles
- All applications will be analyzed using a set standard based on the skills outlined above
- Structured interviews with set questions across candidates are conducted to assess against predetermined role requirements
- The hiring process will involve a skills-test and a cognitive test that will be benchmarked against a set standard and reviewed by a panel
If you feel this sounds like you, submit this form. Please do not email your resume and interest as we are conducting a hiring process to eliminate bias.
The application process will close on July 15th, though we reserve the right to close the period early or extend it.
Back to top