Staff Accountant / AP Specialist
Mosaic makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
The Staff Accountant will fulfill an important role in a rapidly-growing company. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this full-time position is hands-on, with a mix of accounting, operational and accounts payable duties.
- Own the accounts payable process and accounting with corporate accounting manager
- Own credit card process and accounting with corporate accounting manager
- Own accruals, prepaid, and deposits process and accounting with corporate accounting manager
- Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Participate in month end close and ensure all assignments are fulfilled - on time, accurate, validated and reconciled
- Participate in interim and year-end audit
- Assist accounting manager in data analysis and variance investigation
- Assist team in any operational items that come up on daily basis
- Collaborate on continuous process and control improvements
- Contribute to other ad hoc accounting items as required
What you bring to the team
- Minimum B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting, required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Financial industry experience preferred (i.e. consumer lending, specialty financing)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Must be driven to exceed expectations in a fast-paced environment and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely
- Team player able to work with all departments and team members
- Ability to quickly conceptualize and efficiently synthesize large amounts of data
- Intellectually curious mind who is eager to learn
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Mosaic's Employees
Manager, Back Office Engineering
Julie oversees one of Mosaic’s trio of Engineering Teams. Together with her team, Julie works with product managers and oversees the back-end aspects of Mosaic’s financial accounting and commerce.
Back to top