Mosaic makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
Mosaic’s Senior Accountant will fulfill an important role in a rapidly-growing, company. Reporting to the Controller, this fulltime position is hands-on, with a mix of accounting and operational duties.
- Own understanding of credit agreements for subsidiaries to ensure understanding of all third party relationships and required monthly transactions
- Own loan origination, transfers, and sales process and accounting
- Own revolver draw and pay down process and accounting
- Own all accounting related to subsidiary waterfall calculations, including accruals
- Own intercompany and cash transactions for subsidiaries and ensure recorded on a timely basis
- Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Participate in monthly close ensuring monthly financial statements are issued on time
- Participate in interim and year-end audit
- Deep understanding of revenue recognition and expense accounting
- Research, document and resolve GAAP issues impacting assigned areas of responsibility
- You will help out with ad hoc accounting items as required
- Collaborate on continuous process and control improvements
What you bring to the team
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting, having successfully taken on dynamically challenging responsibilities and key areas of ownership
- Minimum B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience working with Debits and Credits
- You are a self-starter with an ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, and work well under pressure with a positive attitude
- Driven to exceed expectations
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely
- Great teammate able to work with all departments and team members
- Ability to quickly conceptualize and efficiently synthesize large amounts of data
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Intellectually curious mind who is eager to learn
- CPA is preferred as is experience working in public accounting
- Financial industry, consumer lending or specialty finance industry experience highly desired
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and a fun, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
You will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.
Meet Some of Mosaic's Employees
Marketing Project Manager
Ajay works on Mosaic’s Marketing Team. He facilitates collaborative projects involving multiple teams and helps produce the marketing content that different teams need.
Back to top