Software Engineering Manager
Mosaic is building upon its success in solar and expanding into home improvement, making it easy by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join new team in Phoenix and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
To complement our rapid growth, we are actively seeking a bright and talented Manager of Originations Engineers to join our growing Technology team. You should be an experienced manager of agile software teams, with a focus on Software Quality. In this role, you will work with a team of outstanding engineers impacting the growth of renewable energy through building e-commerce and financial services applications.
- Coordination of Sprint Activities: Daily standups, retrospectives, capacity planning, team performance and development schedules
- Partner with product to influence roadmaps, create development strategy and make intelligent technical tradeoffs when necessary
- Work to reduce tech debt, develop engineering productivity tools and processes
- Be the authorized technical change approver, perform code reviews and design reviews
- Monitor performance of team against targets and provide mentoring as necessary
- Have weekly 1-on-1’s with engineers to help improve team productivity
- Lead both Oakland and near shore engineers in Argentina, Uruguay
What you bring to the team
- You are a strong Technical Manager and love mentoring and developing Engineers
- 10+ years of experience building financial services or eCommerce applications with at least 2 years of Team Management experience.
- Strong Java/Scala with full stack experience is preferred
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail, experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team-player with strong communication skills
- Experience with distributed systems, micro-services
- Experience developing in a high traffic, consumer Internet environment
- Experience with both legacy systems and greenfield projects
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have a generous PTO program, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top