Senior Software Engineer
Founded in 2010, Mosaic is a rapidly growing provider of consumer lending solutions for the home energy market. Covered in Bloomberg, Forbes, TechCrunch, and The New York Times, Mosaic is currently the largest residential solar lender by volume nationally and will be expanding into new verticals in 2016 — efficiency (HVAC, windows, lighting), batteries and home automation. Centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland, Mosaic is growing fast and we are looking for top talent to take us to the next level.
To complement our rapid growth, we are actively sourcing for a bright and talented Sr. Software Engineer to join our growing Technology team. In this role, you will work with a team of outstanding engineers impacting the growth of renewable energy through building e-commerce and financial services applications. You will also have a strong understanding of JVM internals, architecting robust J2EE applications, and functional programming with Scala.
- Create robust, highly scalable features for our website and lending platform
- Constantly look for ways to improve application performance and user experience
- Write unit tests, perform peer code reviews
- Leverage your experience to mentor more junior engineers
- Work directly with the CTO and product managers to define new application features
- Bring new and fresh ideas to the table
- Must love developing and programming
- 3+ years of experience building financial services or eCommerce applications with Java and/or Scala
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience with distributed systems, micro-services
- Experience developing in a high traffic, consumer Internet environment
Meet Some of Mosaic's Employees
Marketing Project Manager
Ajay works on Mosaic’s Marketing Team. He facilitates collaborative projects involving multiple teams and helps produce the marketing content that different teams need.
Back to top