Senior Software Engineer
Mosaic makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
To complement our rapid growth, we are actively sourcing for a bright and talented Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Technology team. In this role, you will work with a team of outstanding engineers impacting the growth of renewable energy through building e-commerce and financial services applications. Additionally, you will also have a strong understanding of JVM internals, architecting robust J2EE applications, and functional programming with Scala.
- Create robust, highly scalable features for our website and lending platform
- Constantly look for ways to improve application performance and user experience
- Write unit tests, perform peer code reviews
- Leverage your experience to mentor more junior engineers
- Work directly with the CTO and product managers to define new application features
- Bring new and fresh ideas to the table
What you bring to the team
- Must love developing and programming
- 5+ years of experience building financial services or eCommerce applications with Java and/or Scala
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience with distributed systems, micro-services
- Experience developing in a high traffic, consumer Internet environment
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.
Meet Some of Mosaic's Employees
Manager, Back Office Engineering
Julie oversees one of Mosaic’s trio of Engineering Teams. Together with her team, Julie works with product managers and oversees the back-end aspects of Mosaic’s financial accounting and commerce.
Back to top