Senior Data Engineer
Mosaic makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
We are a fast paced, growing company and are looking to expand our Data Engineering team. You are a full stack Data Engineer, that can take a business concept, identify data sources, build data pipelines, design data structures and objects in Redshift and other databases as appropriate, test, double test and move to production. This is a 100% hands on role. If you are a Software Engineer with strong skills in a JVM based language and SQL and would like to transition into a Data Engineering role, this is a great opportunity.
- Develop Data pipe lines using Open Source Software (OSS) frameworks like SPARK, Scala, JAVA
- Read source application code in Scala/JAVA to decipher data generation logic
- Research and adopt appropriate open source tools for Data pipelines. Use your JAVA skills to extend OSS capabilities
- Design data warehouse/data marts in AWS Redshift and other databases as appropriate
- Design and build robust data pipelines using ETL tools and scripting in SQL/Java/Scala. Create automated data validation routines
- Manage code and tickets in JIRA, Gitlab
- Validate and build audit, balance and control of mission critical data pipelines
- Develop cool viz using Tableau and other open source Viz tools as needed
- Interact with Product Managers and other departments to understand, validate and iterate on requirements, build quick prototypes
- Identify best data sources among multiple sources to use for data pipelines to improve trust in data
- Fix bugs, coach and mentor junior resources, work collaboratively with team members
What you bring to the team
- 8-10 years of total technical experience with heavy data warehouse experience for about 8 years
- Masters or equivalent in CS/Engineering or other comparable discipline
- Very strong skills in JVM based language like Scala/Java
- Strong SQL, and data base experience.
- Hands on experience with AWS Redshift (We are entirely on AWS) is a plus. If you are motivated to learn, that is great too!
- Familiarity with Agile methods (we are highly agile and use agile tools)
- Experience with reporting tools like Tableau is a plus.
- Team player, agile, highly accountable, curious, willing to learn, implement and teach
- Ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with team members and managers
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Experience in the consumer lending industry required
- Experience with open source tools such as Presto DB and Kafka is a plus
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Mosaic's Employees
Manager, Back Office Engineering
Julie oversees one of Mosaic’s trio of Engineering Teams. Together with her team, Julie works with product managers and oversees the back-end aspects of Mosaic’s financial accounting and commerce.
Back to top