Product Manager Accounting
Mosaic makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
Mosaic’s Accounting Product Manager will fulfill an important role in a rapidly-growing company. Reporting to the VP of Accounting, this full-time role will design products that enable users to spend less time consolidating data across different systems. The Product Manager will also work to streamline data flow and create solutions that are intuitive and user friendly without sacrificing functionality or compliance. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of functional/operational knowledge (e.g. accounting close, cash management, loan management etc.), the ability to think analytically and a passion for making a difference. This role serves as a user-representative who can convey functional process requirements to technical audiences and drive product development through the entire life cycle.
- Responsible for the interface of the company’s financial information system (Oracle Fusion) with the company’s loan operating system (Nortrige Loan System) and proprietary loan Platform.
- Work closely with Accounting team and Engineering team to identify new features and to enhance existing functionalities
- Work with cross-functional teams to design and implement operational processes that support accounting needs
- Aggregate business requirements and feedback from accounting, then define a product vision/strategy accordingly
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s systems integration and data structure in order to translate business/user feedback into engineering requirements
- Create user acceptance test cases, taking into account different business scenarios and edge cases, facilitate the execution of these test cases and provide feedback to engineering
- Document requirements and work with engineering to deliver an effective product
- Track and coordinate development/testing efforts through JIRA ticketing system according to the company’s rigorous change management processes, including user acceptance testing and signoff on requirements delivery
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to staff on both technical and non-technical issues
- Plan releases, set roadmaps and update roadmap prioritization
- Keeps feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle
- Be a leader and push the vision of the product within the company
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems and/or Accounting
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager working across functions with Finance/Accounting and Engineering/ IT
- In depth understanding of Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Prior accounting experience is a plus
- Experience with ERP/Accounting information systems (Oracle Fusion is a plus)
- Experience with Loan Management systems (Nortrige Loan System is a plus)
- Experience with relational databases (MySql or MS SQL Server is a plus)
- Experience utilizing remote/freelance resources
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to explain complex business processes to a variety of audiences
- Consumer lending, financial services or specialty finance industry experience preferred
- Must be results-oriented with an ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment, and work well under pressure with a positive attitude
- Ability to evaluate priorities
- Must be driven to exceed expectations
- Team player able to work with all departments and team members, as well as willing to roll up sleeves and complete detailed work as needed
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely
- Thorough and detail oriented
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of quality, collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Mosaic's Employees
Assistant General Counsel
As Mosaic’s Assistant General Counsel, Veronica oversees the legal and regulatory compliance of company operations. She also drafts and negotiates contracts for every aspect of Mosaic’s business dealings.
Back to top