People Operations Business Partner
Mosaic makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
The People Operations Business Partner is a key conduit for taking initiatives from strategy to execution by partnering closely with department leaders. Also, by working closely with the various departments, they will be able to bring unique insight into the design and development of people operations programs, policies and training.
- Partner with departments on specific needs such as identifying training opportunities, department specific onboarding, and competency models.
- Analyze and interpret the organization’s needs to make program recommendations, drive change management, leverage best practices and identify opportunities for alignment.
- Provide expertise, guidance and coaching to leaders managing highly sensitive and complex employee relations matters, including performance issues and terminations.
- Work closely with Director of Engagement on follow up on department specific action items from engagement survey results. Act as Project Manager to see actions through to completion.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team and People Operations team to ensure seamless integration of programs and initiatives throughout the organization
- Help each department apply a Diversity & Inclusion lens to their communications and decisions.
- Help the People Ops team and the partner departments to create and implement processes that empower employees and leaders.
- Act as a change agent related to any people related initiatives
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting and tasks as required
What you bring to the team
- 7+ years of human resources and/or business partner experience
- A high-energy, self-starter with the ability to work independently in a constantly changing environment.
- A team player who thrives in collaborative environments, partners across all departments and levels and who wants to have fun while getting things done.
- A “hands-on” doer with a strong attention to detail and follow through.
- A strong orientation to strategic thinking, communicating, influencing and building relationships at all levels within the company
- Experience across multiple HR functional areas (development, training, compensation, performance management, retention, operations, etc.)
- The ability to manage sensitive and complex employee relations cases and experience conducting investigations, making recommendations, and facilitating resolution
- An interest in experimenting with new approaches to organizational challenges like performance, development and inclusion. A sincere desire to improve the level of fulfillment and engagement in people’s work.
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Mosaic's Employees
Manager, Back Office Engineering
Julie oversees one of Mosaic’s trio of Engineering Teams. Together with her team, Julie works with product managers and oversees the back-end aspects of Mosaic’s financial accounting and commerce.
Back to top