Mosaic makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team in beautiful Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
The Payroll Specialist will fulfill an important role in a rapidly-growing company. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will have many responsibilities including ensuring accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, providing timely and accurate financial information and participating in daily data entry Payroll processing.
- Perform daily payroll data entry tasks
- Process on-cycle payroll two times a month and off cycle payrolls as needed
- Work closely with HR to manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Prepare month end close payroll journals and compensation related accruals and prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc)
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Process manual checks as needed
- Update and reconcile monthly bank statements from the payroll system
- Load import files received from HR and/or Legal
- Manage timecard process and communication
- Maintain and document all payroll records
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns
- Research and resolve data file issues
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- 4-6+ years of experience processing multi-state payroll
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Advanced skill set in Excel
- Strong PC skills
- Experience working with major payroll systems (TriNet Payroll, ADP or others)
- Experience maintaining stock option data entry is a plus
- Strong work ethic and team player
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Mosaic's Employees
Manager, Back Office Engineering
Julie oversees one of Mosaic’s trio of Engineering Teams. Together with her team, Julie works with product managers and oversees the back-end aspects of Mosaic’s financial accounting and commerce.
Back to top