Mosaic makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
To complement our rapid growth, we are actively sourcing for an experienced and talented Manager of BI to join our Business Intelligence group. This group is critical to Mosaic as the primary data provider or “source of truth” for the company. An ideal candidate is someone who has worked closely with Accounting Operations creating a financial data warehouse from disparate relational databases to support building and scheduling operationally critical reports. Your contributions to the reporting infrastructure will empower groups such as Accounting, Sales, Treasury and Capital Markets to self-service reports and help support millions of people transitioning to clean energy with the leading solar finance company.
- Create and manage ad hoc reports and dashboards that support business / functional analysts using tools like Tableau, Periscope or SQL scripts
- Work with Accounting, FP&A, Loan Operations, Product and Marketing and other teams to scope, implement and automate internal controls and exception reports
- Manage Kanban boards and help prioritize tickets in JIRA
- Help build out reports and warehouse data for loan management and money movement
What you bring to the team
- Engineering excellence - You have experience leading teams that have shipped products you are proud to put your name behind. This includes 3-5 years’ experience managing or 5-8 years’ experience as an individual technical contributor involving the data platform of an e-commerce or Fin-Tech company
- Bachelor's degree in the sciences, mathematics, engineering, operations research, statistics, information systems, or comparable quantitative discipline
- 5-8 years' experience in data warehouse and/or BI roles
- Ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with team members and managers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent SQL skills with MS-SQL, MySQL and Postgres databases
- Experience in data analysis for FinTech or a financial firm a plus
- Working knowledge of Amazon EC2, S3, Redshift is a plus
- Working knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. R or Python) a plus
- Having built a major reporting environment is a plus
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.
Meet Some of Mosaic's Employees
Manager, Back Office Engineering
Julie oversees one of Mosaic’s trio of Engineering Teams. Together with her team, Julie works with product managers and oversees the back-end aspects of Mosaic’s financial accounting and commerce.
Back to top