Loan Operations Specialist
Mosaic makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
The Loan Operations team is responsible for executing processes and resolving problems in order to underwrite and service Mosaic’s residential solar loans. In support of our rapid growth, we are seeking specialists who can handle complex tasks, such as filing liens, researching potential fraud, and performing loan transfers. We value people with strong problem solving skills, and detail orientation, an interest in the solar lending industry. An openness to ongoing learning and collaboration with peers is a must-have.
- Manage a pipeline of complex customer situations, including Loan Transfers, UCC and Lien filings, payoffs and prepayments, and fraud and compliance remediation
- Implement loan management processes using a few different technology platforms, paying close attention to details in order to ensure solar loan transactions are processed accurately
- Handle complex and escalated customer phone calls, such as a Fraud investigation call
- Support for cases escalated from Customer Support Shift Leads with a specific focus on resolution of stakeholder complaints
- Joint responsibility for processing submissions in the review queues with Loan Operations Associates, with an emphasis on helping ensure processing times are kept to SLAs.
- Credit underwriting, assistance with Customer Support calls as needed.
What you bring to the team
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable with various software packages
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to solve problems independently
- Comfortable reviewing loan and financial transaction information
- Experience in Financial Services or Solar industries
- Basic SQL experience
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Mosaic's Employees
Manager, Back Office Engineering
Julie oversees one of Mosaic’s trio of Engineering Teams. Together with her team, Julie works with product managers and oversees the back-end aspects of Mosaic’s financial accounting and commerce.
Back to top